Looking for ITI Electrician Course Details, Syllabus, Subjects, Course Fees, Salary, Admission Process, Exam Types, Job Profile, Required Skills, etc.
ITI in Electrician is the best ITI course related to electric devices and wiring
If you want a quick job after 2 or 3 years, you can go for an electrician course in ITI.
ITI Electrician Course Details
Main Key Points for ITI Electrician
|Eligibility Criteria||10th pass from a recognized board|
|Course Duration||2 years ( 4 Semesters )|
|Admission Process||Direct / Merit Based|
|Course Fees||1.5K – 3K ( Government Institute )|
5K – 25K ( Private Institute )
|Job Profiles||Wireman, Electrician, Lineman, Electrical Supervisor, Lab Technician, Electrician Maintainer, Technical Helper, Service Technician, Power Electrician, Forman, etc.|
|Salary||8K – 12K ( As a Fresher )|
|Age Limit||14 -40 years|
|Certificates||SCVT & NCVT|
|Higher Study||Polytechnic Diploma|
|Government Organizations for a Job||Railways, ONGC, NTPC, GAIL, SAIL, HPCL, Power Plants, Municipal Corporation, etc.|
|Subjects||1. Electrical Theory|
2. Engineering Drawing
3. Employability Skills
4. Workshop calculation and Science
5. Electrical Practical
It is 2 years regular ITI course offered by Industrial Training Institute to train the students to work at the industrial level so that you are able to work as an electrician.
And in this course, The students are given complete information about the electric field.
This electrician’s course also known as ITI electrician’s course is a course started under the Craftsmen Training Scheme, which is an ITI course all over India to educate students about the electrical field, electrical wiring, and provide very deep knowledge about it.
This course also provides all the fundamental knowledge about the electrical field to the students who are willing to do this course.
Under this course, you are given a fundamental and deep knowledge about electrical equipment, electrical wiring, and its related safety and electrical field related to the electrical field.
The students are provided knowledge about the various types of electrical equipment such as electric motors, electric fans, refrigerators, washing machines, electric bells, etc.
Electrician Course can prove one of the best ITI courses for those interested in installing, maintaining, repairing, and operating electrical devices.
The electrical devices like household appliances, lighting, electrical machines, wiring for residences and industries, etc.
ITI electrician course prepares the students to work on a variety of electrical equipment and wiring.
In this course, you will get theoretical as well as practical knowledge.
ITI Electrician Qualification
You should have a minimum qualification of 10th class pass with Mathematics and Science.
You are eligible if you have passed the 10th class from a recognized board.
ITI Electrician Admission Process
Direct / Merit Based
ITI Electrician’s admission process depends upon the institute and states.
It is generally different for government institutes and private institutes.
And also it varies from one state to another state.
ITI Electrician Course Duration
It is about 2 year ( 4 Semesters ) course.
ITI Electrician is a regular 2-years course that includes 4 semesters.
ITI Electrician Age Limit
The minimum age is 14 years and
The maximum age is 40 years
And if you are belonging to any reserve caste then you will get relaxation on age criteria.
ITI Electrician Course Fee
ITI Electrician fees vary according to each institute.
Rs. 1500 – 3000 as per institute or state ( Government )
Rs. 5000 – 25000 as per institute ( Private )
Certificates of ITI Electrician Course
There are 2 types of certificates available that are NCVT and SCVT.
NCVT – National Council Vocational Training ( Recommended )
The NCVT certificate is a national-level certificate that can be used all over the country.
So if you are going to join ITI Electrician then you should go for the NCVT certificate.
SCVT – State Council Vocational Training
The SCVT certificate is a state-level certificate that is limited to the state only.
You should only join SCVT if you do not get NCVT.
Apprenticeship for ITI Electrician
After completion of 2 years electrician course in ITI.
You can go for an apprenticeship in any electrician industry or railways to get good skills in this field.
If you join an apprenticeship you can also get a stipend near 5K – 10K in rupees.
ITI Electrician Salary
ITI Electrician salary depends upon the company and what knowledge you have.
As a fresher, you can expect Rs. 8K – 12K.
ITI Electrician Syllabus and Subjects
|1. Electrician Theory||– Occupational Safety and Health|
– Conductor, semiconductors
– Insulator and electric cables
– Tools for an Electrician
– Soldering and D.C theory
– Basic Electricity
– Electrical accessories
– Electro-chemical effect and chemical cell
– Magnetism and electromagnetism
– Alternating current theory
– Earthing and Basic electronics.
|2. Engineering Drawing||– Engineering drawing|
– Drawing instruments
– Lines, Drawing of geometrical figures
– Lettering and numbering, dimensioning
– Drawing sheets, Freehand drawing
– Presentation of engineering drawing
– And Symbolic representation.
|3. Employability Skills||– English literacy|
– Information technology literacy
– Communication skills.
|4. Workshop calculation and Science||– Units, Fraction, Square root|
– Ratio and proportion
– Percentage, Material science
– Mass, weight, and density
– Speed and velocity, Work
– power and energy.
|5. Electrical Practical||– Trade safety and first aid|
– Tools, wire, and joints
– Allied trades, Resistor, and capacitor
– Alternating current ( A.C. ) circuit
– Cell and battery, Magnetic field
– Earthing and Semi-conductor diode.
|1. Electrician Theory||– Transistor, Amplifiers, Oscillators|
– Specific solid-state devices
– Digital electronics, Electrical wiring
– Direct current generator
– Direct current motor
– Transformer and Electrical measuring instruments
|2. Engineering Drawing||– Construction of scales|
– Lettering and title block
– Dimensioning practice
– Construction of geometrical drawing figures, Drawing of solid shapes
– Freehand sketch and measuring tools
– Projection and Drawing details.
|3. Employability Skills||– Entrepreneurship skill|
– Productivity, Occupational safety
– Health and environmental education
– Labour welfare legislation and Quality tools.
|4. Workshop Calculation and Science||– Algebra, Mensuration|
– Trigonometry, Heat, and temperature
– Basic electricity
– Levers and simple machines.
|5. Electrical practical||– Electrical measuring instruments|
– Transformer, Direct current ( D.C. ) machines
– Electrical wiring, Transistor
– Logic gates and their circuits.
|1. Electrician Theory||– 3-Phase induction motors|
– Single-phase induction motors
– Alternator, Synchronous motor
– Converters, D.C. machine, and short transformer winding
– A.C. machine winding
– Illumination, Industrial wiring
– House wiring layout.
|2. Engineering Drawing||– Alternating current based electrical circuit drawing|
– Electronic circuit and auxiliary component
– Electrical wiring and earthing
– Freehand sketch of D.C. machines
– Transformer, Illumination.
|3. Workshop calculation and science||– Indices, Quadratic equation|
– Calculations related to A.C. waveforms
– Electrical connections, Elasticity
– Materials, Magnetism
– Pressure, Heat treatment.
|4. Electrical Practical||– Winding-rewinding|
– Alternator, Synchronous motor
– Alternating current motor
– Converters, Electric lamp, and lightening decoration
– Industrial wiring.
|1. Electrician Theory||– Machine control panel|
– Electrical instrument
– Electrical power generation
– Electrical power transmission
– Underground cables, Power distribution
– Speed control and maintenance o electric machines
– Electronic theory and communication
|2. Engineering Drawing||– Three-phase induction motor|
– Alternator, Winding diagram
– Control panel, Distribution of power
|3. Workshop Calculation and Science||– Number system|
– Estimation and cost
– Mensuration, Graph
– Profit and loss
– Simple and compound interest
– Friction, Pressure, Heat treatment
– Force, Center of gravity
|4. Electrical Practical||– Machine control|
– Electrical controlling components
– Wiring related practical applications
– Domestic electrical appliances
– Power production
– Electric power transmission
– Power distribution
– Speed control and maintenance of appliances
Why Should I Choose ITI Electrician ( Advantages )
- Very easy find a job, No need to study more like other courses, You can find a job near by you.
- Less expensive.
- ITI courses are very useful in day to day life.
- You can become a self-employed by opening electrician shop or becoming electrician or wireman.
- Very easy to get admission in near by institute.
- These are also Industry and job-oriented courses.
- We can join after 10th and 12th Class.
- You can contribute in various fields such as Basic Electricity, Wiring System, Magnetism, Electrical Machines, Transmission and Distribution, all these areas, and advance your career.
- In the ITI Electrician course, you are given complete information about Basic Electricity. This gives you a fundamental understanding of how electricity works, and how you can use this electricity properly.
- You are also taught what kind of effects of electricity you can see, and how you can control electricity.
- In electricity, priority is given to the wiring system. That is, you are mainly taught which type of wiring system is most suitable.
- The advantage of doing this course is that your score is very good in it and you get a very good job in the private sector as well as in the government sector.
- After completing this ITI Electrician course, you can become an electrician, wireman, electrical machine operator, welder, instructor of electrical machines, supervisor and a technician and you can also become an instructor and teacher in ITI.
- There are many big companies in India who are ready to give jobs to an electrician by doing ITI, such as – Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited, Gas Authority of India Limited, Railway System, Defense, Steel Authority of India. In India Limited, Electricity Department, Education Department and Institution, Indian Oil, you can work as an electrician, as a technician, and in many other fields, and for this, you only need an ITI electrician. A diploma will be enough.
Disadvantages of ITI Electrician course
The course of ITI Electrician is not even a general category course. This course provides the opportunity to earn livelihood to the person working at the grassroots level which has not been worthy of livelihood in any way in today’s time.
That is why along with the advantages in the course of ITI, there are also some disadvantages, such as-
- After doing the course of ITI Electrician, on the basis of this diploma, you cannot do a job in big positions.
- After completing the course of ITI Electrician, if you want to move forward in the field of science, then you will need a degree because with the ITI you can become a researcher or do some work at a personal level. But at the Institutional level, you will need a degree.
- Many times people start thinking of themselves as electrical engineers, the ITI electrician course while this is not the case at all. Engineers are very different from electricians. The kind of knowledge they have about the electric field is not found even in an experienced electrician.
- Instead of joing an ITI electrician’s course, if you can do engineering in the electrical field, then it will be better.
- In some cases, the people who do ITI Electrician’s course do not get respect in the society and do not get a big job in the government, and in addition, if they want to go to the civil services, then ITI Electrician’s course does not qualify in any way.
Objectives of ITI Electrician Course
There can be many reasons to join an ITI Electrician course such as just for an ITI degree, increasing electrical knowledge, a job, further study, etc so it is an individual reason.
But the purpose to design an ITI Electrician Course are
- To provide the knowledge and skills about electrical devices such as electrical motors, washing machines, types of current, electrical fans, refrigerators, etc.
- To make capable of maintaining, repairing, and installing various types of electrical devices.
- To make aware of current and new technologies.
- To provide everything theoretically as well as practically.
- You can able to open your own shop related to electrical devices and repair shops.
|Electrician Lineman||Electrical Supervisor|
|Electrician Maintainer||Electrician Lab Technician|
|Electrical Contractor||Service Technician|
|Motor re-winder||Electrician Foreman|
|Technical Helper||Power Electrician|
After completing the ITI Electrician course you can work as an electrician in a company or by opening your shop.
As an electrician, you have to maintain, repair, and install various types of electric equipment.
There are various types of electricians such as installer technicians, outside linemen, inside wiremen, residential electricians, etc.
As an electrician lineman, you have to work with power lines where electricity flows.
This can be the best career option after completing the ITI electrician course because electrician lineman needs everywhere.
Electrician lineman works at power lines where electricity flows so they have to maintain, repair, and set up power lines.
Electrician Foreman is one of the best jobs after completing the Electrician course in ITI.
Generally, an electrician foreman deals with maintaining, correcting, controlling, and repairing electrical crews, connections, and other electrical machinery.
You have to work accurately in this field because it can be dangerous for you if there happens any disaster.
As an electrical supervisor, you have to look after the work related to electrical is being done.
Generally, you have to look after the work of maintenance, repairing, controlling, and installing electrical devices such as big devices HV AC Generators UPS, or any big project in a company.
Electrical Lab Technician
The electrical lab technician deals with performing basic investigations, conducting experiments, and proper functioning of electrical laboratory equipment.
As an electrical lab technician, you have to work in the lab and look after the things being done in the laboratory.
The motor re-winder is responsible for the removal of coils, connecting and inserting the coils, and completing the winding.
After completing an ITI Electrician course you can work as a motor re-winder in a motor company or you can open a motor repairing and motor rewinder shop.
Career Options in Government organizations
After completion of this course, you can get the chance to work in government sectors like
- Railways, Indian Army
- ISRO/DRDO, NTPC
- BHEL, ONGC, Electricity Departments
- Thermal Power Plants
- Nuclear Power Plants
- Hydro Power Plants, GEB etc.
ITI Diesel Mechanic Course Details
Required Skills for ITI Electrician Students
Creative and Innovative Skills
Creativity and innovative skills are the most important skills for ITI Electrician students so that you can use these skills in installing, maintaining, controlling, repairing, and operating various types of electrical devices such as electric fans, electric motors, refrigerators, washing machines, etc.
These creative and innovative skills should have everyone not only ITI electrician degree holders because it helps to grow in every sector to create business and research new things.
If you want to achieve go in the teaching area, want to study further, or want to go in field related industry then must have good knowledge in core subjects.
Students who want to score well in the exam then you should have good knowledge of all the subjects.
And core subjects knowledge is very useful in interviews, group discussions, campus placement, and getting a job.
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
Critical thinking and problem skills, these skills are very important for all students to grow in life.
Critical thinking helps you to make a decision at right time, bring new ideas to increase business and self-growth, find a solution, create opportunities for yourself, and many more.
And problem-solving skills help a lot grow your business, it also creates opportunities to grow yourself and your business, you can become a great leader.
As an ITI Electrician student, you must have these skills.
Ability to work under Pressure
If you want to work in a company or any organization then you have to work under pressure from the boss so you should have the ability to work under pressure.
As a fresher, you have to work under your boss or manager you have to remain calm in every situation, and stay focused on work so this will help you a lot to grow yourself.
So if you want to do a job then prepare to work under pressure.
Teamwork and Collaboration Skills
After completing of ITI Electrician course you will go for the job in any company then you have to work with your team members so you must have teamwork and collaboration skills.
Sometimes a company works on a big project at that time all the employees work with each other so that time these skills proves very useful.
So teamwork and collaboration skills are very important in a company or everywhere where two or more people work with each other.
As an ITI Electrician student, you must develop these skills.
Leadership skill is a very important skill for those who want to become a manager or a leader in a company or want to do their own business.
If you have leadership skills then you can make decisions easily, inspired people, motivate them, become honest, create a visionary, become a problem solver, a critical thinker, become judgemental, etc.
If you want to become a great leader then you must have this skill so that you can achieve the desired goal for yourself or your company.
Communication skills are very important for everyone to do something big in life.
If you want to do a business, want to do a job, want to travel, or want to do anything communication skills play a vast role.
As an ITI Electrician student, you must have these communication skills so that you can achieve whatever you want, you can fulfill your desire by improving your communication skills.
Good communication increases confidence, builds team, makes better relationships, increases engagement and productivity, handles conflicts, increases job satisfaction, increases problem-solving ability, improves presentation skills, builds trust, etc.
Higher Study / Course after ITI Electrician
Polytechnic Diploma in Electrical
It is 3 year ( 6 semesters ) regular diploma course offered by polytechnic colleges.
After completing an ITI Electrician course you can go for a diploma in electrical engineering for further study.
You will get admission directly in the 2nd year when you have completed the ITI electrician course.
It involves the study, design, and development of a new electrical system. And also the design and manufacturing of electric equipment.
CTI / CITS Course
If you are interested to go into the teaching line can join this course after the ITI Electrician course.
CTI – Craftsman Training Institute
CITS – Craft Instructor Training Scheme
You can join an electrician or wireman in CTI / CITS after ITI Electrician.
BE / B.Tech in Electrical
It is a 4-year ( 8 semesters ) regular degree course in the electrical engineering field.
You will get admission directly in the 2nd year when you have completed a diploma in the electrical course.
It is engineering branch deals with various types of electrical equipment and instruments.
Read More –
ITI Diesel Mechanic Course Details
Q1 – Which course is best after ITI electrician?
After ITI Electrician Course you can go for Diploma in Electrical Engineering ( Direct 2nd year )- 2 years.
And then completion of diploma you can go in B.Tech/BE ( 2nd year ) – 3years.
Q2 – How many semesters is ITI electrician?
The electrician course in ITI includes 4 semesters of six months for two years.
Q3 – What is this ITI course?
ITI Courses are short-term courses ( 6 months – 2 years ) and by doing these courses you can get a job easily and fast.
Q4 – What is the ITI electrician course?
ITI Electrician Course is 2 years of 4 semesters short term vocational course related to electrical devices like wire, fan, motor, A.C. Electric Pump, Light, etc.
Q5 – Is an electrician a good career?
Yes absolutely, Because everything is being electric nowadays. So the requirements of electricians increasing rapidly.
You can go for this course without any doubt.
7 thoughts on “ITI Electrician Course Details 2023: Syllabus, Subjects, Fees, Salary”
After iti electrician wish course I can take in diploma plz suggest me
Swaroop Gowda, You can go for Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
Kya job ke sath cors kar sakte he ?
You can go to any nearby institute and check it.
Required ITI ELECTRICIAN – 4 nos.
Contact – +91 90116 6773
Details syllabus of WCS .