Looking for the draughtsman civil in ITI course details, jobs, salary, fees, admission process, duration, eligibility etc?
ITI Full-Form – Industrial Training Institute
ITI prepares students to work in industries and also makes them self-employed.
ITI focuses more on practical knowledge and skills instead of theory.
ITI Draughtsman Civil Course Details
Main Key Points for ITI Draughtsman Civil
|Eligibility Criteria||10th pass from a recognized board, 12th class in any stream|
|Course Duration||2 years ( 4 Semesters )|
|Admission Process||Direct / Merit Based|
|Course Fees||1.5K – 3K ( Government Institute )|
5K – 50K ( Private Institute )
|Job Profiles||Draughtsman, Entrepreneur, Civil Drafter, Architectural Assistant, Structural Draughtsman etc.|
|Salary||10K – 15K ( As a Fresher )|
|Age Limit||14 -40 years|
|Certificates||SCVT & NCVT|
|Higher Study||Polytechnic Diploma|
B.Tech / BE
|Government Organizations for a Job||TATA, Reliance, L&T, AAI, IOCL, ONGC etc.|
|Subjects||1. Trade Theory|
2. Trade Practical
ITI in Draughtsman Civil is 2 year ( 4 semesters ) ITI course that deals with drawings and layouts of buildings, roads, bridges, dams, statues, etc.
The students are provided knowledge about the civil drawing of civil works like roads, bridges, dams, statues, buildings, etc
This course is also done by only those people who are in love with the drawings, interested in preparing drawings of buildings, roads, dams, bridges, etc.
This course is all about making blueprints for corporate buildings or residential buildings, making 2D, 3D, cad drawings of different types of bridges, government jobs, or in the private sector.
To design any type of bridge-related to a technical department or communication department, all this work is done by Draughtsman.
ITI Draughtsman Civil Eligibility
You should have a minimum qualification of 10th class pass with mathematics and science and 12th in any stream.
You are eligible if you have passed the 10th class from a recognized board.
ITI Draughtsman Civil Course Duration
It is about 2 year ( 4 Semesters ) course.
ITI Draughtsman Civil Course is a regular 2-years course that includes 4 semesters.
ITI Draughtsman Civil Course Fees
ITI Draughtsman Civil Course fees vary according to each institute.
Rs. 1.5K – 3K as per institute or state ( Government )
Rs. 20K – 50K as per institute ( Private )
ITI Draughtsman Civil Age Limit
The minimum age is 14 years and
The maximum age is 40 years
And if you are belonging to any reserve caste then you will get relaxation on age criteria.
Certificates of ITI Draughtsman Civil Course
There are 2 types of certificates available that are NCVT and SCVT.
NCVT – National Council Vocational Training ( Recommended )
The NCVT certificate is a national-level certificate that can be used all over the country.
So if you are going to join ITI Draughtsman then you should go for the NCVT certificate.
SCVT – State Council Vocational Training
The SCVT certificate is a state-level certificate that is limited to the state only.
You should only join SCVT if you do not get NCVT.
Required Skills Draughtsman Civil
- Knowledge of Global and historical architecture
- Ability to work quickly
- Good Visual ability
- Knowledge of building materials
- Knowledge of construction technique
After Draughtsman Civil in ITI Career Options
- Advanced Diploma in Civil
- Diploma in Architectural Draughtsman
- Crafts Instructor Training Scheme
- Apprenticeship Programme
- Civil Drafter
- Architectural Assistant
- Structural Draughtsman
Private and Government Sectors for Job
Read More –
ITI Draughtsman Civil Salary
ITI draughtsman civil salary depends upon the company and what knowledge you have.
As a fresher, you can expect Rs. 10K – 15K.
ITI Draughtsman Civil Syllabus and Subjects
Semester 1 – Trade Theory
- Rules and regulations of the Institute and Trade
- List of Equipuipments
- Institutions and Achievements.
- Introduction of BIS Code of Practice for Architectural & building drawings
- Building Materials
- Permanent and Temporary Structures
- Soil and Foundations
- Treatments for buildings
- Floors and floorings
- Arches and Lintels
- Doors, Windows, Ventilators
- Reinforced cement concrete
- Fundamental of computers and introduction of CAD
- Orientation of Trade and Institution
- Practice with the BIS code of practice for architectural and building drawings
- Practice with signs and symbols in building drawings
- Practice with various permanent and temporary structures
- showing construction details
- Drawing details of various structures with formwork details of different types of foundation
- Drawing construction details of various floors and floorings
- Drawing details of arches and lintels at various opening of structures with formwork
- Drawing details of various doors, windows, ventilators
- Drawing details of different types of stairs
- Drawing details of various roofs
- Drawing details of various ground and upper floor
- Practice with operating ( window ) and application ( MS Office ) software
- Project Work
Semester 2 – Trade Theory
- Building bye-laws
- Principles of planning of residential building
- Planning of public building
- Prefabricated structures
- Reinforced cement concrete
- Steel structures
- 2D, 3D with CAD, 3D Max, STAAD
- Practice with local building development rules
- Planning of different types of building
- Practice with the prefabricated structure of the building
- Practice with the latest design of public building drawings
- Showing details of RCC in buildings
- Drawing details of steel structures
- Drawing details of various opening structures with formwork
- Drawing in 2D, 3D in software
Semester 3 – Trade Theory
- Water resources
- Structural drawings
- Drawing an irrigation structures
- Drawing details of the construction of different types of roads
- Drawing details for rails and gauges
- Drawing types of bridges
- 2D, 3D drawings of PHE
- Preparing 2D, 3D CAD drawings of various structures of bridges
- Drawing details of various structures in 2D and 3D
- Project Work
Semester 4 – Trade Theory
- Surveying classification
- Leveling introduction to theodolite, identification, and understanding of parts
- Total Station application, components parts, accessories used, characteristics, features, electronic display, and data reading
- Remote sensing introduction, application in civil engineering, the ideal remote sensing system
- Estimate-necessity importance, types
- Working with other software to import to drawing-concept of developing solid from sketch-surface modeling concepts
- Reading topography maps, contours drawings
- Operating and setting up a theodolite, Observation of readings, and sighting the points
- Field procedure for coordinate measurement field procedure to run a traverse survey-linking data files.
- GPS – components, steps in mapping, comparison of GPS with GIS, CAD, and other system-field applications
- Preparation of estimate by using software
- Preparing drawing system of the sewerage-one pipe system, two-pipe system, and single stack system
- Project Work
Why Should I Choose ITI draughtsman Civil
- Very easy to find a job, No need to study more like other courses, You can find a job nearby you.
- Less expensive.
- ITI courses are very useful in day-to-day life.
- You can become a self-employed
- Very easy to get admission to a nearby institute.
- These are also Industry and job-oriented courses.
- We can join after the 10th Class.
- After completing this course, there is a possibility of getting plenty of jobs in both the government sector and the private sector.
- After completing the course of ITI Draughtsman civil, it becomes a little easier to do the course of civil engineering, because, in the course of ITI Draughtsman, you are explained almost all the basic concepts of civil engineering.
- There are many job profiles like Architectural Assistant and Structural Draughtsman that can add to the scope of this course.
- The job role of Construction Supervisor is a dream job for many Civil Engineers that can be performed by a candidate who does the ITI Draughtsman course.
- You can easily get a job in any private firm.
- After doing the ITI Draughtsman course, you can easily work in Indian Railway, BHEL, Indian Oil, National Highway, Airport Authority of India, Defense, Electricity Department, CPWD, and Housing Board.
Objectives of ITI Draughtsman Civil Course
There can be many reasons to join an ITI Draughtsman civil course such as just for an ITI degree, increasing civil drawing knowledge, a job, further study, etc so it is an individual reason.
But the purpose to design an ITI draughtsman civil course are
- To provide the knowledge and skills about engineering drawings for buildings, roads, dams, bridges, statues, homes, etc.
- To make capable of preparing drawings and layouts for civil works.
- To make aware of current and new technologies.
- To provide everything theoretically as well as practically.
- You can able to become self-employed.
ITI Diesel Mechanic Course Details
Required Skills for ITI draughtsman Civil Students
Creative and Innovative Skills
Creativity and innovative skills are the most important skills for ITI draughtsman civil students so that you can use these skills in drawings and layouts of machining parts and other components.
These creative and innovative skills should have everyone not only ITI draughtsman civil degree holders because it helps to grow in every sector to create business and research new things.
If you want to achieve go in the teaching area, want to study further, or want to go in field related industry then must have good knowledge in core subjects.
Students who want to score well in the exam then you should have good knowledge of all the subjects.
And core subjects knowledge is very useful in interviews, group discussions, campus placement, and getting a job.
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
Critical thinking and problem skills, these skills are very important for all students to grow in life.
Critical thinking helps you to make a decision at right time, bring new ideas to increase business and self-growth, find a solution, create opportunities for yourself, and many more.
And problem-solving skills help a lot grow your business, it also creates opportunities to grow yourself and your business, you can become a great leader.
As an ITI draughtsman civil student, you must have these skills.
Ability to work under Pressure
If you want to work in a company or any organization then you have to work under pressure from the boss so you should have the ability to work under pressure.
As a fresher, you have to work under your boss or manager you have to remain calm in every situation, and stay focused on work so this will help you a lot to grow yourself.
So if you want to do a job then prepare to work under pressure.
Teamwork and Collaboration Skills
After completing of ITI draughtsman civil course you will go for the job in any company then you have to work with your team members so you must have teamwork and collaboration skills.
Sometimes a company works on a big project at that time all the employees work with each other so that time these skills prooves very useful.
So teamwork and collaboration skills are very important in a company or everywhere where two or more people work with each other.
As an ITI draughtsman civil student, you must develop these skills.
Leadership skill is a very important skill for those who want to become a manager or a leader in a company or want to do their own business.
If you have leadership skills then you can make decisions easily, inspired people, motivate them, become honest, create a visionary, become a problem solver, a critical thinker, become judgemental, etc.
If you want to become a great leader then you must have this skill so that you can achieve the desired goal for yourself or your company.
Communication skills are very important for everyone to do something big in life.
If you want to do a business, want to do a job, want to travel, or want to do anything communication skills play a vast role.
As an ITI draughtsman civil student, you must have these communication skills so that you can achieve whatever you want, you can fulfill your desire by improving your communication skills.
Good communication increases confidence, builds team, makes better relationships, increases engagement and productivity, handles conflicts, increases job satisfaction, increases problem-solving ability, improves presentation skills, builds trust, etc.
Higher Study / Course after ITI Draughtsman Civil
Polytechnic Diploma in Civil
It is 3 year ( 6 semesters ) regular diploma course offered by polytechnic colleges.
After completing an ITI civil draughtsman course you can go for a diploma in civil engineering for further study.
You will get admission directly in the 2nd year when you have completed the ITI civil draughtsman course.
It involves the study, design, construction, maintenance, build, manufacturing, and production of Roads, dams, bridges, airports, buildings, Houses, etc
CTI / CITS Course
If you are interested to go into the teaching line can join this course after the ITI course.
CTI – Craftsman Training Institute
CITS – Craft Instructor Training Scheme
You can join a draughtsman civil in CTI / CITS after ITI Draughtsman civil.
BE / B.Tech in Civil
It is a 4-year ( 8 semesters ) regular degree course in the civil engineering field.
You will get admission directly in the 2nd year when you have completed a diploma in the civil course.
It is an engineering branch that deals with the design, construction, maintenance, build, manufacturing, and production of Roads, dams, bridges, airports, buildings, Houses, etc
Read More –
ITI Diesel Mechanic Course Details
Q1 -What are draughtsman’s job Profiles?
A -Draughtsman Civil, Architectural Assistant, Structural Draughtsman, Entrepreneur etc.
Q2 – What is the salary of Draughtsman civil?
A – It depends upon various factors such as skills, knowledge etc so as a fresher you can expect 10K -12K.
Q3 – What skills do you need to be a draughtsman?
A – Creativity, Knowledge of Global Architecture, Ability to quickly, Good Visual ability, Knowledge of building materials, knowledge of construction techniques etc.