Looking for the ITI COPA Course Details, Full Form, Syllabus, Subjects, Fees, Salary, Admission Process, etc?
The ITI COPA is the Best ITI Course related to computers including, software, hardware, and programming languages.
If you want a quick job after 1 or 2 years then you can go for the COPA Trade-in ITI.
Full Form of COPA – Computer Operator and Programming Assistant
Table of Contents
COPA ITI Course Details
Main Key Points for Copa in ITI
|Eligibility Criteria||10th pass from a recognized board|
|Course Duration||1 year ( 2 Semesters )|
|Admission Process||Direct / Merit Based|
|Course Fees||1.5K – 3K ( Government Institute )|
5K – 25K ( Private Institute )
|Job Profiles||Data Entry Operator, Computer and Programming Assistant, Lab Assistant, computer Trainer, Computer Operator, etc.|
|Salary||10K – 15K ( As a Fresher )|
|Age Limit||14 -40 years|
|Certificates||SCVT & NCVT|
|Higher Study||Polytechnic Diploma|
JAVA PHP MYSQL etc.
|Government Organizations for a Job||Data Entry Operator, Computer and Programming Assistant, Lab Assistant, Computer Trainer, Computer Operator, etc.|
|Subjects||1. COPA Theory|
2. Employability Skills
3. Trade Practical
ITI COPA is one of the best non-engineering vocational courses related to computers and the Internet.
It is a 1-year regular ITI course offered by Industrial Training Institute to train students to work at the industrial level and whose goal is to spread technical knowledge about computers to a large number of people.
This COPA course is placed under the course of ITI because any person can do this course easily because of its cost because its cost is very less. And it is not a pricy course, the course can be done within a year.
The students are provided knowledge about computers and their uses, the internet, type of search engines, browsers, email, and many more through this course.
ITI Copa is a basic computer course.
Basic information is provided in this course such as how to install software, how to make files, how to operate a computer etc.
ITI COPA Eligibility
You should have a minimum qualification 10th class pass with Mathematics and Science.
You are eligible if you have passed the 10th class from a recognized board.
ITI COPA Admission Process
Direct / Merit Based
ITI Copa’s admission process depends upon the institute and states.
It is generally different for government institutes and private institutes.
And also it varies from one state to another state.
ITI COPA Course Duration
It is about 1 year ( 2 Semesters ) course.
ITI Copa is a regular 1-year course that includes 2 semesters.
ITI COPA Course Fees
ITI Copa fees vary according to each institute.
Rs. 1.5K – 3K as per institute or state ( Government )
Rs. 5K – 25K as per institute ( Private )
ITI COPA Age Limit
Certificates of ITI COPA Course
There are 2 types of certificates available that are NCVT and SCVT.
NCVT – National Council Vocational Training ( Recommended )
The NCVT certificate is a national-level certificate that can be used all over the country.
So if you are going to join ITI Copa then you should go for the NCVT certificate.
SCVT – State Council Vocational Training
The SCVT certificate is a state-level certificate that is limited to the state only.
You should only join SCVT if you do not get NCVT.
ITI COPA Syllabus Subjects
1. COPA Theory
- Introduction to computer and windows operating system
- Computer hardware and software installation
- Introduction of DOS and Linux OS
- Word processing, Electronic spreadsheet
- Open office and PowerPoint
- Database management system
- Computer communication and the internet
- Internet concepts, Web designing concepts
- JAVA Scripts, Visual basic for application
- Smart Accounting, E-Commerce, Cyber Security.
2. Employability Skills
- Introduction to Computer
- Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel, Internet and web browser
- English Literacy, Communication Skills
- Industrial Skills, Productivity
- Business health and safety
- Environmental education
- Labor welfare act, Quality equipment.
3. Trade Practical
- Computer components and Windows Operating system
- Computer hardware basics and Software installation
- Familiarization with DOS CLI and Linux operating
- systems, Using word processing software
- Using a Spreadsheet application
- Image editing
- Creating presentations and Using open office
- Database management, Configuration and using networks
- Internet concepts, Designing static web pages.
Why Should I Choose ITI COPA ( Advantages )
- Very easy to find a job, No need to study more like other courses, You can find a job near you.
- Less expensive.
- ITI courses are very useful in day-to-day life.
- You can become self-employed by opening a cyber cafe or online form-filling service place.
- Very easy to get admission to a nearby institute.
- These are also Industry and job-oriented courses.
- We can join after the 10th and 12th Class
- ITI Computer Operator and Programming Assistant provide a lot of knowledge in the field of Internet, due to which he does not face any problem in working in any primary file
- You can also get a degree in higher education. For this, you can study further to get a bachelor’s degree here as well as a master’s degree.
- This course knowledge increased in the field of computers can be used by a student in various fields in which a person can work from agriculture to any industry.
- During the course of COPA, a person’s accuracy and speed in the typing field are greatly increased, after which the person can easily do the work of a single data entry or content writer in any field.
- The need for computer operators is also very high in government sectors. And that is why the COPA course is of great importance in government sectors as well. If you do a COPA course then you can get a government job as a computer operator.
- After completing the ITI COPA course, you can work as a computer operator or data entry operator in any college or university or you can also work as a computer instructor.
- Many scopes are opened in different fields, after which a person can do jobs in different sectors.
- You can easily do software installation work on the computer, due to which you can easily work in any computer shop.
Disadvantages of the ITI COPA course
- ITI COPA course has very few disadvantages and one of its biggest disadvantages is that if a person is not interested in computer then ITI COPA course can be a time waste for him.
- ITI COPA gives an ITI-level certificate so you have to study more for higher position-level jobs.
- You have to study diploma and bachelor’s degree for more scopes.
ITI COPA Apprentice
After completion of 1-year COPA course in ITI,
You can go for an apprenticeship in any Company like HPCL, Tata Motors, GAIL, IOCL, Railways, etc.
If you join an apprenticeship you can also get a stipend of 5K – 10K in rupees.
ITI COPA Work
After completion of 1 year in COPA ( Computer Operator and Programming Assistant ) you can work as a
- Computer Operator in School-College or in any Company
- Assistant Programmer, Lab Assistant
- Hardware and Networking job
- Computer trainer, Network Administration
- Database management etc.
“Private Business” – If you don’t want to do any job then you can start your own business.
- By opening Cyber Cafe
- Computer Institute
- Computer Shop etc.
Career Options in Government Organizations
There are a lot of options to make a career in government organizations such as.
|Municipal Corporations||Hydropower Plants|
|Thermal Power Plants||Nuclear Power Plants|
ITI COPA Salary
ITI COPA ( Computer Operator and Programming Assistant ) salary depends upon the company and what knowledge you have.
As a fresher, you can expect Rs. 10K – 15K.
Objectives of the ITI COPA Course
There can be many reasons to join an ITI COPA course such as just for an ITI degree, increasing computer and internet knowledge, a job, further study, etc so it is an individual reason.
But the purposes to design an ITI COPA Course are
- To make capable of internet searching, typing, email sending, software installing, and internet browsing.
- To aware of current and new and information technologies.
- To provide everything theoretically as well as practically.
- You can able to open your own cyber cafe or online form-filling service shop.
|Data Entry Operator||Computer and Programming Operator|
|Lab Assistant||Computer Trainer|
Data Entry Operator
After completing the ITI COPA course you can work as a data entry operator in a company, college/university, organization, etc.
Data Entry means you have to add or insert data or information into a computer as a form of text or number from the source file.
Source files could be a book, handwritten note, PDF, or image.
Basic skills required for Data Entry Operator
- Knowledge of computer operation
- High typing speed 40WPM with very good accuracy
- Typing English + Hindi
- Basic knowledge of English
- You should be good in MS- Office, MS Word, MS-Excel
Some companies provide jobs to data entry operators such as
- Customer care centers
- KPO(Knowledge process outsourcing)
- BPO(Business process outsourcing), etc.
As a Data Entry Operator, you have to add, update or maintain data, Fill the documents, verification, and many more.
Computer Lab Assistant
After completing COPA course you can join schools and colleges as a computer lab assistant to support them to use computer software and hardware.
You have to handle everything in the computer lab such as setting up the monitor, keyboard, mouse, disk drive, and CPU, installing software, setting up a lab for computer classes, etc.
A computer trainer is one who teaches students and people about computer softer and hardware in school, college, or any other computer training institutes.
After completing the COPA course you can become a computer trainer and make a career in this field.
A computer operator is one who is responsible for controlling and monitoring the computer system. So they have to identify the errors and correct them, maintain the equipment related to the computer, and have to perform other tasks such as backing up, processing data, analyzing the system, etc.
After completing the COPA course you can get a chance to explore your career in this field as a computer operator.
Computer Programming Assistant
After completing the COPA course, you can work as a computer programming assistant.
The programming assistant has to install and update computer programs as per the given advice. So this can be the best career option for you.
You can become a teacher after the COPA course and CTI / CITS course to get an opportunity to teach students in the ITI about the subjects relevant to COPA.
You can also share knowledge and information about career options, empower girls to study, inspire students and people to do something big in their life, make a positive impact on students, can teach students about how to achieve success in their life, how to set a goal and achieve it.
Becoming a teacher and teaching students is one of the best services because you have the power to change people’s life.
Employment Areas for COPA Students
After completing the COPA ( Computer Operator and Programming Assistant ) course you can go to the following company.
These days IT industries are growing rapidly so there is a lot of scope for COPA students to make their careers.
IT Industries – Wipro Technologies, Infosys Technologies, Tata Consultancy Services, Yahoo, HP, Tech Mahindra, iGATE Patni, L&T infotech, HCL Technologies, Mindtree Ltd, Mphasis Ltd, Redington India, etc.
Government and Private Sectors
After completing the COPA course you can go to the government as well as private sectors.
If you want to be a government employee then you can crack any municipal corporation exam, banking exam or government school, or college exam.
Or if you want to join the private sector then you can go to any private company and give an interview so if they have requirements they will recruit you.
Software Development Company
The primary goal of a software company is to develop software products, they create various types of Software as per requirement.
In the COPA course, you will have gained a lot of knowledge about software technology so you can get a job in a software company.
Computer Networking Industry
You can work in the computer network industry after completing the COPA course. It is the computer-sharing set that exchanges ideas and information.
So in the computer network company, you are responsible for installing, managing, and configuring computer networks.
In this digital era, the computer network industry is growing rapidly so there is a lot of scope for COPA students to make a career in this field.
Cyber Cafe or Online Form Filling Service
You can open a cyber cafe or online form-filling service shop and you can serve people by filling out forms and providing internet service.
This is the best career option to become a self-employed.
So after completing the copa course, you can open your internet cafe or cyber cafe.
Creative and Innovative Skills
Creativity and innovative skills are the most important skills for ITI COPA students so that you can use these skills in installing software, internet searching, computer programming, database management, hardware, computer networking, etc.
These creative and innovative skills should have everyone not only ITI COPA degree holders because it helps to grow in every sector to create business and research new things.
If you want to achieve go in the teaching area, want to study further, or want to go into field related industry then must have good knowledge in core subjects.
The students who want to score well in the exam then you should have good knowledge of all the subjects.
And core subject knowledge is very useful in interviews, group discussions, campus placement, and getting a job.
Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills
Critical thinking and problem skills, these skills are very important for all students to grow in life.
Critical thinking helps you to make a decision at the right time, bring new ideas to increase business and self-growth, find a solution, create opportunities for yourself, and many more.
And problem-solving skills help a lot grow your business, it also creates opportunities to grow yourself and your business, and you can become a great leader.
As an ITI COPA student, you must have these skills.
Ability to work under Pressure
If you want to work in a company or any organization then you have to work under the pressure of a boss so you should have the ability to work under pressure.
As a fresher, you have to work under your boss or manager you have to remain calm in every situation and stay focused on work so this will help you a lot to grow yourself.
So if you want to do a job then prepare to work under pressure.
Teamwork and Collaboration Skills
After completing of ITI COPA course you will go for a job in any company then you have to work with your team members so you must have teamwork and collaboration skills.
Sometimes a company works on a big project at that time all the employees work with each other so at that time these skills proves very useful.
So teamwork and collaboration skills are very important in a company or everywhere where two or more people work with each other.
As an ITI COPA student, you must develop these skills.
Leadership skill is a very important skill for those who want to become a manager or a leader in a company or want to do their own business.
If you have leadership skills then you can make decisions easily, inspire people, motivate them, become honest, create a vision, become a problem solver, a critical thinker, become judgemental, etc.
If you want to become a great leader then you must have this skill so that you can achieve the desired goal for you or a company.
Communication skills are very important for everyone to do something big in life.
If you want to do a business, want to do a job, want to travel, or want to do anything communication skills play a vast role.
As an ITI COPA student, you must have these communication skills so that you can achieve whatever you want, you can fulfill your desire by improving your communication skills.
Good communication increases confidence, builds team, makes better relationships, increases engagement and productivity, handles conflicts, increases job satisfaction, increases problem-solving ability, improves presentation skills, builds trust, etc.
Higher Study / Course after ITI COPA
Polytechnic Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Engineering
It is 3 years ( 6 semesters ) regular diploma course offered by polytechnic colleges.
After completing an ITI COPA course you can go for a diploma in computer engineering or information technology for further study.
You will get admission directly in the 2nd year when you have completed the ITI COPA course.
It involves the study, design, and development of the new computer programming and networking system, database management, internet browsing, software and hardware, and security.
CTI / CITS Course
If you are interested to go into the teaching line can join this course after the ITI COPA course.
CTI – Craftsman Training Institute
CITS – Craft Instructor Training Scheme
You can join an information technology, and computer software application in CTI / CITS after ITI COPA.
BE / B.Tech in Information Technology, Computer Engineering
It is a 4 year ( 8 semesters ) regular degree course in the information technology and computer engineering field.
You will get admission directly in the 2nd year when you have completed a diploma in the COPA course.
It is an engineering branch that deals with computer hardware and software, programming languages, and the Internet.
Best ITIs for COPA Course
- Sarvodaya Industrial Training Institute, Delhi
- Sainik Parivar Bhawan, Jhajjar
- Shri Surajamal Taparia Industrial Training Institute, Nagpur
- Kautiyala Industrial Trining Institute, Panchkula
- CFI-Regional Vocational Training Institute, Vadodara
- Industrial Training Institute Mandvi, Surat
- RAJ-CLC Industrial Training Centre, Kanpur
- Shri Rawatpura Sarkar Private Industrial Training Institute, Raipur
- Adarsh ITI Training Institute, Jodhpur
- Mata Kitab Kaur Industrial Training Centre, Hanumangarh
Read More –
Q1 – What is the Copa ITI trade?
It is one of the best ITI trade related to computer hardware and software, computer programming languages, data entry etc.
Q2 – What is the full form of COPA in ITI?
COPA – Computer Operating and Programming Assistant.
Q3 – Which ITI course is best for a government job?
There are some ITI courses for government jobs such as COPA ( Computer Operating and Programming Assistant ), Electrician, Fitter, Diesel Mechanic etc.
Q4 – What is ITI salary?
ITI salary starts for fresher 10k – 15k and increases as per experience and promotions.