Looking for the Commerce all Subjects Name List for 11th and 12th class?
There are some subjects in the commerce stream like Economics, Business Studies, Accountancy, English, Entrepreneurship, Mathematics, Informatics Practices, etc.
Commerce Subjects for 11th and 12th
What is a commerce stream?
The Commerce stream is such an educational stream that provides information to a student about all aspects related to business, and also provides a student with in-depth information about aspects of commerce.
If you have an interest in business and trading other than science and want to make yourself the top in some aspects related to business and business, then for this, you can do commerce after class 10th.
Selects commerce stream. The Commerce stream has a lot of scope in today’s time.
The students are provide information about accountancy, economics, business studies, all these in the stream of commerce. And teaching about all these is started from Basic.
In class 12th you will get a basic knowledge within all the branches related to economics, accountancy, ie commerce, which you can use after 12th to pursue your career.
The stream of commerce has become a stream that attracts many students, and after doing this course, a student can become a Chartered Accountant, Company Secretary, Chartered Financial Analyst, Actuary or Surveyor, LLB.
Government Competitive Examination, Cost and Management Accountant, Economics, B.Com, BBA, Bachelor of Management Studies, one can make a career in all these. And can study further to be seated in all the posts.
Commerce subjects in 11th
|Compulsory Subjects||Optional Subjects|
It is the compulsory subject of commerce stream related to production, consumption, distribution, and transfer of resources, wealth, and various issues about the developing Indian economy.
This subject covers some chapters to study as per NCERT like
- The Indian Economy on the Eve of Independence
- India Economy 1950-1990
- Liberalization, Privatisation and Globalisation
- Poverty, Human Capital Formation in India
- Rural Development, Employment: Growth
- formalization and other issues
- Infrastructure, Environment and Sustainable Development,
- Comparative Development Experiences of India and Its Neighbours.
2. Business Economics
This subject is compulsory of commerce stream and it is all about Business, how to start-up, control and manage, best ways to do business, purpose, source, marketing, finance, etc.
In Business Studies subject you will learn some chapters as per NCERT like,
- Business, Trade and Commerce
- Forms of Business organization
- Private, Public and Global enterprises
- Business services, Emerging models of Business
- Social Responsibilities of Business and Business Ethics
- Formation of a Company
- Sources of Business Finance
- Small Businesses, Internal trade
- International Business.
This is a compulsory subject of commerce stream related to financial transactions and events, profit and loss, management, business assets, and communication.
Part 1 – This subject covers topics like
- Introduction of accounting
- Theory base of accounting
- Recording of transaction 1 and 2
- Bank reconciliation statement
- Trial balance and rectification of errors
- Depreciation, Provision and Reserves
- Bills of Exchange
- Financial statements 1 and 2
- Accounts from incomplete records
- Accounting for a non-for-profit organization
- Applications of computers in accounting
- Computerized accounting system
- Structuring database for accounting
- Accounting system using the database management system.
English is a compulsory subject in the commerce stream and includes the following chapters as per NCERT.
The Portrait of a Lady, We are not afraid to die…
- If we can all be together, Discovering tut: The saga continues
- The landscape of the soul
- The ailing planet: the green movement’s role
- The Browning Version
- The Adventure, Silk Road
Poems – A Photograph, The Laburnum top, The Voice of the Rain, Childhood, Father to Son.
Best Courses after 12th Commerce Stream
This is an optional subject of commerce stream related to business, market, finance, etc.
- Some topics of Entrepreneurship – Concepts and Functions
- An entrepreneur, Entrepreneurial journey
- Entrepreneurship as innovation and problem solving
- Concept of the market
- Analyzing the market environment
- Researching the market facts that matter
- Expanding, markets, Know thy business
- Business finance and arithmetic
- Resource mobilization.
It is an optional subject in the commerce stream that includes the following topics.
This subject covers chapters as per NCERT –
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Trigonometric functions
- Principle of Mathematical induction
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations
- Linear Inequalities, Permutation and Combinations
- Binomial Theorem, Sequences and Series
- Straight Lines, Conic Sections
- Introduction to three-dimensional geometry
- Limits and derivatives
- Mathematical reasoning
- Statistics, Probability.
7. Informatics Practice
This is an optional subject in the commerce stream related to language java, SQL, XML, HTML, Python, etc.
- Basic computer organization
- Getting started with python
- Python fundamentals, Data handling
- Conditional and iterative statements
- String manipulation, List manipulation
- Dictionaries, Introducing python modules
- Introducing python pandas
- Python pandas 2 – Dataframes and other operations
- Data transfer between files
- SQL database and data frames
- Relational databases, Simple queries in SQL
- Table creation and data manipulation commands
- Table joins and indexes in SQL
- Cyber Safety
- Online access and Computer security.
Commerce Subjects in 12th
|Compulsory Subjects||Optional Subjects|
This is a compulsory and important subject of commerce stream in 12th class divided into two parts.
Part A – Microeconomics
- Introduction, Theory of Consumer Behavior
- Production and Costs
- Theory of Firm Under Perfect Competition
- Market Competition
- Non-Competitive Markets.
Part B – Macroeconomics
- Introduction, National Income Accounting
- Money and Banking, Income Determination
- Government Budget and Economy
- Open Economy Macroeconomics.
2. Business Studies
Business Studies is also a compulsory subject in the commerce stream in the 12th class related to business, marketing, finance, etc.
- Nature and Significance of Management
- Principles of Management
- Business Environment
- Planning, Organizing, Staffing, Directing
- Controlling, Financial Management
- Financial Market, Marketing
- Consumer Protection
- Entrepreneurship Development.
It is a compulsory subject in the 12th commerce stream and is divided into two parts.
- Accounting For Not For Profit Organisation
- Accounting for Partnership Firms – Basic Concepts
- Reconstitution Of A Partnership Firm – Admission Of A Partner
- Reconstitution Of A Partnership Firm – Retirement/Death Of A Partner
- Dissolution Of Partnership Firm.
- Accounting for Share Capital
- Issue and Redemption of Debentures
- Financial Statements of a Company
- Analysis of Financial Statements
- Accounting Ratios, Cash Flow Statement.
English is a compulsory subject in the commerce stream and includes the following chapters as per NCERT – Flamingo.
The Last Lesson, Lost Spring, Deep Water, The Rattrap, Indigo, Poets and Pancakes, The Interview, Going Places.
Poems – My Mother at sixty-six, An Elementry School Classroom in a Slum, Keeping Quiet, A thing of beauty, A Roadside Stand, Aunt Jennifer’s Tiger.
Read More –
Entrepreneurship is an optional subject in the commerce stream and there are some chapters as per NCERT such as.
- Entrepreneurial opportunity
- Entrepreneurial planning
- Enterprise marketing
- Enterprise growth strategies
- Business arithmetic
- Resource mobilization.
Mathematics is also an optional subject in the commerce stream in the 12th class.
It covers some chapters as NCERT such as.
- Relations and Functions
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Matrices, Determinants
- Continuity and Differentiability
- Application of Derivatives, Integrals
- Application of Integrals, Differential Equations
- Vector Algebra, Three Dimensional Geometry
- Linear Programming, Probability.
7. Information Practice
It is an optional subject in the commerce stream in the 12th class that covers some chapters as per NCERT.
- Computer Networking
- Open Source Concepts
- Java Programming Fundamentals
- Swing Controls
- GUI Programming and Access Specifier
- Accessing MySQL Database Using ODBC/JDBC
- Web Application Development
- Fundamentals of Database
- Functions and Table Joins
- Integrity Constraints and Tables
- Front-End Interface, E-Services.
BCom ( Bachelor of Commerce ) course details
Advantages of the commerce stream
The Commerce stream has many advantages in itself because we have known that in today’s time to maintain money and to earn money, a special kind of intelligence is required, which is easily created by commerce.
That is, the person who studies commerce knows how to maintain money, and how to earn money, at the same time he also knows how to save money.
Apart from all this, there are thousands of benefits of commerce stream, but we tell you some of these benefits such as-
Accountancy is taught in the stream of commerce, with the help of which a student is prepared to become an accountant, after becoming an accountant, a person can work as an accountant in any small company or even in a big company.
In today’s time, many business owners need a business analyst, so that by doing in and out analysis of their business, they can provide all the information related to their business, which will help in furthering their business. And this work can easily be done by a commerce student.
It is very difficult to get information about economics, but after studying from the commerce stream, it becomes a little easier to understand economics.
A student who studies Economics prepares himself a report in Finance Management and Marketing.
A commerce student has a lot of information and techniques, with the help of which he can work to take any business to the heights.
After studying commerce, a student can help in increasing employment.
There are flexible study options in the field of commerce, and a student studying commerce is exposed to a world that rests entirely on business.
A student can be appointed to the post of Chartered Accountant or Company Secretary after studying from the commerce stream, apart from this entrepreneurship is also encouraged.
A commerce student can help make any small business model robust.
Any commerce student knows all the information about the financial market, risk management, and money market. And all the aspects related to them are also known, which he can use to further any business.
There is also an advantage of commerce that areas are never closed for further studies and a student can study as far as he wants.
In which team commerce is often studied to achieve financial literacy.
A commerce student knows the most about how the economy works, how it progresses, why it stops, what are the reasons for stopping, what can be the measures to advance the economy.
The highest paying job in the whole world is that of commerce. After studying commerce with full focus, it can be possible for a student to get a very good salary job.
A student can work as a Chartered Accountant, Investment Banker, Chartered Financial Analyst, Public Accountant, Actuary, Cost Accountant, Professional Accounting, Retail Manager, Company Secretary, Professional Financial Advisor, after studying in commerce stream.
Disadvantages of commerce stream
Commerce stream has very few disadvantages, but still, it is some disadvantages that students pursuing commerce stream have to face-
Studying in the scheme of commerce is difficult and that is why it is even more difficult to get a job after studying commerce.
It takes a lot of time to become a Chartered Accountant or to become an Investment Banker. Sometimes it takes even 10 years.
After studying in the commerce stream, it takes a lot of time for a student to be successful in his life.
Today it is difficult to study in commerce stream but still, there is no dearth of competition here, because of which, if you do not study properly, then doing a commerce course can prove to be very dangerous.
Courses after 12th Commerce
There are some best courses after 12th commerce
|BCom ( Bachelor of Commerce )||BBA ( Bachelor Business Administration )|
|BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application )||CA ( Chartered Accountant )|
|CS ( Computer secretary )||BMS ( Bachelor of Management Studies )|
|BMM ( Bachelor of Mass Media )||Bachelor of Designing|
|BJMC ( Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication )||BFA ( Bachelor of Fine Arts )|
|BHM ( Bachelor of Hotel Management )||BBA – LLB|
BCom – Bachelor of Commerce
BCom is one of the best undergraduate courses after 12th class in any stream but generally, it is most suitable for commerce students.
The BCom course is a 3-year undergraduate degree course, in which you will be given deep knowledge about accounting, economics, finance, banking system, human resource system, law, marketing system, marketing management, tourism, international business, all of them.
BBA – Bachelor of Business Administration
The BBA course is 3 years ( 6 semesters ) an undergraduate program after the 12th class that deals with business management, marketing, entrepreneurship, and human resources.
It includes some important specializations like,
- Information technology
- Banking and insurance
- Human resource etc.
You can pursue by choosing anyone according to your interested area.
BCA – Bachelor of Computer Application
The BCA course deals with information technology, web developing, app development, software development, coding, programming languages like C language, C++, JAVA, HTML, etc.
It is the 3 years ( 6 semesters ) undergraduate professional course after the 12th commerce in the IT field.
CA – Chartered Accountancy
It is one of the best 5 years professional courses after 12th class or when you join after graduation then it is for 3 years.
The students are provided knowledge about accounting, advising people about business accounts, financial advice, liaising with clients, taxation, auditing, etc.
Students from any stream can become a CA ( Chartered Accountant ) but there is a benefit for commerce students because they have to study the same subjects in CA as in the 11-12th commerce stream.
CS – Company Secretary
It is the best course after 12th commerce or any stream for building a bright career in any reputed company or organization.
The CS course deals with Secretarial auditing, Accounting, Arranging meetings, Keeping records, Managing things in a proper manner, Tax returns, Drafting and executing agreements, Making appointments, etc.
BMS – Bachelor of Management Studies
Bachelor of Management Studies is the best undergraduate job-oriented degree course after 12th commerce or any stream related to management.
It includes specializations like business firms, marketing, and sales, computer application, economics, banks, finance, etc.
If you want to become a manager then it can be the best way to become a manager.
BMM – Bachelor of Mass Media
It is the best course after 12th class in any stream like arts, commerce, science, all these streams are eligible for this course.
If you want to make a career in the film industry, news channels, and youtube for Advertising, News Paper, magazines, Public Relations, etc then you can choose Bachelor of Mass Media ( BMM ).
8. Bachelor Designing
It is one of the best professional undergraduate programs in the designing field after the 12th class in any stream.
The bachelor of design includes various types of specialization such as,
- Fashion designing
- Product designing
- Textile designing
- Interior designing
- Game designing
- Graphic designing
- Animation film designing etc.
BJMC – Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication
It is 3 years ( 6 semesters ) undergraduate degree course after 12th commerce for those who are interested in news anchoring, reporting, copywriting, etc.
There are several important specializations in BJMC such as television, radio, news channel, newspaper, etc. You can choose any one of them as per your interest to make a bright future.
BFA – Bachelor of Fine Arts
It is one the best undergraduate course after 12th commerce, arts, or any stream student can pursue it.
There are many specializations or trades in bachelor of fine arts so you can choose this one to make your future bright.
Basically, it deals with visual and performing arts.
Let’s know about some specializations for visual arts such as
- Painting, literature
- Photography, animation
- Graphic design
- Applied arts calligraphy
- Textile design, printmaking
- Digital arts, etc,
And some specializations for performing arts such as dance, music, drama & theater, etc.
BHM – Bachelor of Hotel Management
It is the best undergraduate course after 12th commerce or any stream for those who are interested in hotel services.
It includes various types of fields such as front office, housekeeping, catering, public relationship, marketing, accounting, etc.
It is an evergreen course so it can be the best career option for 12th commerce students.
You can choose any one specialization according to your interested area.
12. BBA – LLB
BBA – LLB – Bachelor of Business Administration -Bachelor of Legislative Law
It is the best-integrated undergraduate law degree course after 12th commerce or any stream deals with Laws, Business Management, Financial Accounting, Financial Management, Financial Advisory, etc.
Career Options in Government Organizations
UPSC( Union Public Service Commission ) Civil Services Exam for
- IAS( Indian Administrative Service )
- IPS( Indian Police Service)
- IFS ( Indian Foreign Service).
Banking Exam for
- Bank PO( Probationary Officer )
- Bank Clerk.
RRB Exam for – TC, Clerk
SSC Exam for
- Income Tax Officer(CBDT)
- Assistant Audit Officer
- Assistant in Ministry of external affairs(MEA)
- Inspector(Central excise)(CBFC)
- Inspector ( Preventive Officer )
- Assistant Enforcement Officer(AEO) and many more.
And state government also provides so many jobs for Class-1, Class-2, and Class-3 like
- Dy. Section Officer
- Dy. Mamlatdar
- Junior Clerk, etc.
This stream is very important for those who are interested in finance and marketing.
So choose for your bright future.
Read More –
Q1 – Which subject is best for commerce?
All the subjects are best it is all about our interest and the scope of that subject in the future.
So you have to choose from all the subjects – Economics, Business Studies, Mathematics, English, Accountancy, Informatics Practice, Entrepreneurship.
Q2 – Is commerce a good stream?
Yes, commerce is a very good stream for those who want to become Chartered Account, Teachers, Professor, Bank PO, Finance Manager, Stock Broker, Marketing Manager, Bank Manager, Economist, Accountant Executive, HR, Cost Accountant and many more.
Q3 – Does the commerce stream have a scope?
Yes, there are lots of scope for commerce stream students they can become marketing manager, chartered accountant, bank manager, economist, account executive and many more by choosing it and also you can do your own business.
Q4 – Which job has the highest salary in the commerce stream?
Chartered Accountant, Bank Manager, HR, Stock Broker, Government College Professor these are some job has a very good salary.
1 thought on “Commerce Subjects list 2023: 11th & 12th, Commerce Stream, Details”
Hello i am Sneha I like to Go with law should I go with commerce stream and which subjects should I choose for law but my maths is not much good .please help me to choose subjects