Looking for the BSc MLT course details, fees, duration, job, salary, eligibility, information, admission process etc?
Full form – Bachelor of Science Medical Laboratory Technology
It is the best paramedical course after 12th science with PCB ( Physics, Chemistry and Biology ) for those who are interested in the health care area.
BSc MLT Course Details
If you are interested in medical tasks like blood and urine analyzes, cerebrospinal fluid, drug level testing, chemical analysis, Micro-organism screening, Harmon level testing etc.
The medical lab technologist analyzes the body fluids like urine, blood, sputum cerebrospinal fluid, drug level testing etc.
They also help doctors in the treatment of diseases of any patient.
They have to handle complex electronic equipment like different types of microscopes, computers to analyze various types of reports.
Eligibility Criteria –
12th class with PCB ( Physics, Chemistry and Biology ) 45-50%
Course Duration – 3 Years ( 6 semesters )
Admission Process – Direct / Merit / Entrance Exam
Course Fees – 25K – 2 lakh
Salary – 2 lacs to 5 lacs per annum
- Basics in laboratory equipment and chemistry
- Basic Haematology
- Blood banking and Immune Haematology
- Clinical Pathology ( Body Fluids ) and Parasitological
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Histopathology and Cytology
Job Profiles –
- Laboratory Technician
- Health Care Administrator
- Medical Writer
- Laboratory Staff
- Lab Technician
- Data entry Operator
Employment Areas –
- Blood Bank
- Colleges and Universities
- Medical Laboratories
- Own Lab
- Military Services
Read More –
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- Sri Ramchandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai
- Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Pondicherry
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi
- School of Health Sciences, Sushant University, Gurgaon
Q1 – What job can I get after BSc MLT?
A – Laboratory Technician Assistant, Health Care Administrator, Medical Writer, Laboratory Staff, Lab Technician, Consultant, Data entry Operator etc.
Q2 – What is DMLT salary?
A – It depends upon various factors like knowledge, place, skill, education, inflation etc. So you can expect 2 lac to 5 lac per annum as fresher.
Q3 – Is BSc MLT a good course?
A – It is 3 years undergraduate program after 12th science with biology. It can be very good career options for you.