Looking for the BSc Maths 2nd ( Second ) year syllabus and subjects list?
Here you will get all the details like Course Fees, Salary, Jobs, Course Details, Admission Process, Syllabus, subjects, advantages and disadvantages of the course, etc.
BSc Maths Course Details
Main Key Points
|Course Name||Bachelor of Science in Maths|
|Eligibility Criteria||12th Science|
|Admission Process||Direct / Merit Based / Entrance Exam|
|Course Duration||3 years ( 6 Semesters )|
|Course Fees||20K – 1 Lakh per annum|
|Salary||2.4 Lakhs – 6 Lakhs per annum|
|Exam Type||Semester Wise|
|Job Profile||Teacher, Data Scientist, Economist, Business Analyst, Assistant Professor, Operation Manager, Content Developer, Treasury Management Specialist, Lecturer, Statistician, Technical Writer, Civil Service Officer, Researcher and Accountant, etc.|
|Higher Study||MSc Maths, MBA, B.Ed|
What is BSc Maths Course?
BSc in Mathematics is 3 years ( 6 semesters ) undergraduate course after the 12th science focuses on the study of pure and applied mathematics that includes linear algebra, statistics, numerical analysis, metric spaces, mechanics, bio-mathematics cater, abstract algebra, mathematical finance, etc.
The students are provided knowledge about algebra, Riemann integration and series of functions, multivariate calculus, metric spaces, differential equations, complex analysis, and linear algebra.
The bachelor of science in a mathematics course is designed to provide theoretical knowledge and practical training to understand all aspects of mathematics.
This includes core subjects, disciplinary subjects, generative elective subjects, discipline-specific electives, and skill enhancement subjects that cover all the important dimensions of mathematics.
During this course, the students are able to learn about computational data analysis, how chemistry is used in daily life, how to use chemical instruments, the nature of chemical bonding, understand the concept of lattice energy, etc.
BSc in Mathematics will help students to make careers in education, business sectors, government sectors, industrial sectors, and research areas.
BSc Maths 2nd Year Syllabus and Subjects
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Theory of Real Functions||Partial Differential Equations|
|Group Theory-I||Riemann Integration and Series of Functions|
|Multivariate Calculus||Ring Theory and Linear Algebra-I|
1. Theory of Real Functions
- Limits of Functions
- Continuous Functions and their Properties
- Derivability and its Applications
- Taylor’s Theorem and its Applications
2. Group Theory-I
- Groups and its Elementary Properties
- Subgroups and Cyclic Groups
- Permutation Groups and Lagrange’s Theorem
- Group Homomorphisms
3. Multivariate Calculus
- Calculus of Functions of Several Variables
- Extrema of Functions of Two Variables and Properties of Vector Field
- Double and Triple Integrals
- Green’s, Stokes’ and Gauss Divergence Theorem
Skill Enhancement Paper
1. LaTeX and HTML
- Getting Started with LaTeX
- Mathematical Typesetting with LaTeX
- Graphics and Beamer Presentation in LaTeX
1. Partial Differential Equations
- First Order PDE and Method of Characteristics
- Mathematical Models and Classification of 2nd Order Linear PDE
- The Cauchy Problem and Wave Equations
- Method of Separation of Variables
2. Riemann Integration and Series of Functions
- Riemann Integration
- Improper Integral
- Sequence and Series of Functions
- Power Series
3. Ring Theory and Linear Algebra-I
- Introduction of Rings
- Ring Homomorphisms
- Introduction of Vector Spaces
- Linear Transformations
Skill Enhancement Paper
1. Computer Algebra Systems and Related Software
- Introduction to CAS and Applications
- Working with Matrices
- The Statistical Programming Language
- Data Analysis with R
12th class in science stream from a recognized board.
If you have a clear 12th class in science you are eligible for a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics
There are some colleges that want 50% marks and some colleges just want a pass class. And there are some colleges that have their own entrance exams.
3 Years ( 6 Semesters )
BSc Maths is a regular, and online 3 years course that includes 6 semesters.
Now almost every university takes exams on a semester basis.
There are 2 semesters in a year, each semester cover 50% syllabus of a year.
Therefore, according to the semester, there is only a 50% syllabus in the examination.
Direct / Merit Based / Entrance Exam
The admission process varies from university to university.
There are so many institutes that offer direct admission on basis of 12th marks obtained from a recognized board.
And there are many institutes that take an entrance exam and also conduct group discussions for admission.
It is the charge students paid for their tuition classes in educational institutes for their education purpose.
Course fees depend upon the institute so they charge as per their demand.
BSc in Mathematics course fees varies from college to college as follows.
INR 10K – 50K as per institute or state ( Government )
INR 20K – 1 Lakh as per institute or state ( Private )
The bigger the reputed college, the higher the fees they charge.
The salary depends upon the organization and what knowledge you have and it increases as per your experience, knowledge, performance, and skills.
As a fresher, you can expect 2 lakhs – 5.5 lakh per annum
Why should I Join BSc Maths ( Benefits )
- It is a less expensive course.
- You can become a maths teacher, data scientist, business analyst, data analyst, operation manager, professor, economist, lecturer, statistician, content developer, treasury measurement specialist, etc.
- You get a lot of versatile career options, in which you get a chance to work in different types of industries and dimensions like financial institutes, educational institutes, research institutes, banks, IT firms, government organizations, etc.
- Apart from the chemical area, you can do your work in the private sector, public-private sector, government sector, business sector, and industry in all these places.
- Your foundation knowledge of chemistry will become very good, and due to this, you will be able to crack highly reputed jobs.
- You can get many career options and gets a chance to choose a diversified career option.
Objectives of BSc Maths
There can be many reasons to join the BSc Maths ( Bachelor of Science in Mathematics ) course such as just for graduation, increasing chemistry knowledge for a job, for further study, etc so it is individual reason.
But the purpose of designing the BSc Maths Course is
- To provide conceptual chemical knowledge to the students for their career opportunities.
- To provide in-depth knowledge about various concepts and theoretical principles of disciplinary subjects.
- To increase communication skills, problem-solving skills, disciplinary knowledge, research-related skills, critical thinking skills, analytical skills, teamwork skills, scientific skills, etc.
- To prepare the students for employability as well as academia.
- To be aware of the students of current and new technologies.
- To provide everything theoretically as well as practical.
Creative and Innovative Skills
Creativity and innovative skills are the most important skills for BSc in Mathematics degree holders so that you can use these skills in teaching, writing content, researching, copywriting, journalism, etc.
These creative and innovative skills should have everyone not only BSc in Chemistry degree holders because it helps to grow in every sector to create business and research new things.
If you want to achieve go in the teaching area, want to study further, or want to go in field related industry then must have good knowledge in core subjects.
Students who want to score well in the exam then you should have good knowledge of all the subjects.
And core subjects knowledge is very useful in interviews, group discussions, campus placement, and getting a job.
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
Critical thinking and problem skills, these skills are very important for all students to grow in life.
Critical thinking helps you to make a decision at right time, bring new ideas to increase business and self-growth, find a solution, create opportunities for yourself, and many more.
And problem-solving skills help a lot grow your business, it also creates opportunities to grow yourself and your business, and you can become a great leader.
As a BSc Maths student, you must have these skills.
Ability to work under Pressure
If you want to work in a company or any organization then you have to work under pressure from the boss so you should have the ability to work under pressure.
As a fresher, you have to work underboss or manager you have to remain calm in every situation and stay focused on work so this will help you a lot to grow yourself.
So if you want to do a job then prepare to work under pressure.
Teamwork and Collaboration Skills
After completing of BSc in Mathematics course you will go for the job in any company then you have to work with your team members so you must have teamwork and collaboration skills.
Sometimes a company works on a big project at that time all the employees work with each other so that time these skills prove very useful.
So teamwork and collaboration skills are very important in a company or everywhere where two or more people work with each other.
As a BSc in Chemistry student, you must develop these skills.
Leadership skill is essential for those who want to become a manager or a leader in a company or want to do their own business.
If you have leadership skills then you can make decisions quickly, inspire people, motivate them, become honest, create a visionary, become a problem solver, a critical thinker, become judgemental, etc.
If you want to become a great leader then you must have this skill so that you can achieve the desired goal for yourself or a company.
Communication skills are very important for everyone to do something big in life.
If you want to do a business, want to do a job, want to travel, or want to do anything communication skills play a vast role.
As a BSc Maths student, you must have these communication skills so that you can achieve whatever you want, you can fulfill your desire by improving your communication skills.
Good communication increases confidence, builds team, makes better relationships, increases engagement and productivity, handles conflicts, increases job satisfaction, increases problem-solving ability, improves presentation skills, builds trust, etc.
|Lecturer||Researcher and Accountant|
|Civil Service Officer||Business Analyst|
|Operation Manager||Content Developer|
|Technical Writer||Treasury Management Specialist|
Employment Areas for Mathematics Students
|Educational Institutes||Research Area|
|IT Firms||Government Organization|
|Manufacturing and Production||Public Service and Administration|
Top Colleges for BSc Mathematics
- University of Delhi
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Hansraj College, Delhi
- St. Joseph’s University, Bangalore
- St. Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad
- Hindu College, Delhi
- Presidency College, Chennai
- Mount Carmel College, Bangalore
- St. Stephen’s College, Delhi
- PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore
- Stella Maris College, Chennai
- Isabella Thoburn College, Lukhnow
Q1 – What is BSc Maths?
A – BSc in Mathematics is 3 years ( 6 semesters ) undergraduate course after the 12th science focuses on the study of pure and applied mathematics that includes linear algebra, statistics, numerical analysis, metric spaces, mechanics, bio-mathematics cater, abstract algebra, mathematical finance, etc.
Q2 – What are the subjects in BSc Maths 1st year?
A – Calculus, Algebra, Real Analysis, Differential Equations.
Q3 – What are the jobs after BSc Maths?
A – Data Analyst, Business Analyst, Maths Teacher, Professor, Economist, Content Developer, Statistician, Operation Manager, Data Scientist, etc.