Looking for the B.Com 5th semester and 6th semester syllabus and subjects list for semester-wise?
Full-Form – Bachelor of Commerce
Here you will get all the subjects list and syllabus for BCom 5th semester and 6th semester.
It is the best bachelor’s degree course after the 12th class in any stream.
But it is most suitable for commerce students.
B.Com 5th and 6th Semesters Syllabus and Subjects list
Here you will get B.Com 5th and 6th semesters subjects list and syllabus for the 5th semester and 6th semester in detail
1. Cost Accounting
- Introduction to Cost Accounting
- Materials, Labour
- Service costing (only transport)
- Marginal costing and Break-Even Analysis
2. Principles of Marketing ( E )
- Introduction to Principle of Marketing
- Consumer Behaviour, Market segmentation
- Pricing, Distribution
- Promotion, Recent developments in marketing
3. Training and Development
- Introduction to Training and Development
- Training Needs Assessment and Curriculum Development
- Training Methods
- Evaluation of Training and Development, and Emerging Pattern
4. Computer Application in Business
- Introduction to Computer Application in Business
- Introduction to essential tools – Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Using MS Excel for Data Analysis & Reporting Features
- RDBMS Concepts & Access
- CAAT Tools
- Introduction to Advertising
- Media Decisions
- Message Development
- Measuring Advertising Effectiveness
- Advertising Agency, Social, ethical and legal aspects of advertising in India
1. Fundamentals to Financial Management
- Nature, scope and objectives of financial management, Time value of money, Risk and return
- Long term investment decisions
- Financing Decisions
- Dividend Decisions
- Working Capital Decisions
2. Business Communication
- Introduction to Business Communication
- Business Correspondence
- Report Writing
- Business language and presentation
- Technology and Business Communication
3. Personal Selling and Salesmanship
- Introduction to Personal Selling
- Theories of Selling
- Buying Motives
- Selling Process
- Sales Planning and Control
4. Cyber Crimes and Laws
- Cyber Crimes
- Definition and Terminology (Information Technology Act, 2000)
- Electronic Records
- Regulatory Framework
5. International Business
- Introduction to International Business
- International Business Environment
- Theories of International Trade
- Regional Economic Co-operation
- International Financial Environment
- Foreign investments
- International business operations
- Developments and Issues in International Business
6. Consumer affairs and Customer Care
- Conceptual Framework
- The Consumer Protection Act, 1986 (CPA)
- Grievance Redressal Mechanism under the Consumer Protection Act, 1986
- Industry Regulators and Consumer Complaint Redressal Mechanism
- Consumer Protection in India
Read More –
Honours Class Syllabus and Subjects
- Advanced Company Accounts and Financial Analysis
- Company Laws and Secretarial Practice
- Income Tax Law and Accounts
- Business Entrepreneurship
- Elective Subject 1
- Elective Subject 2
- Viva – Voice
|Indian Booking System||Internet World Wide Web||Sales Management and Advertising|
|Insurance Principles and Practices||Essentials of E-Commerce||Essentials of Marketing|
|Labour Welfare and Social Security||Financial Markets in India|
|Industrial Relation and Labour Laws||Financial Services|
BCom Course Details
B.Com is one of the best undergraduate courses after 12th class in any stream but generally, it is most suitable for commerce students.
It is related to banking, finance, accounting, information system, computer.
It is the economical course and most suitable for the sales, marketing, accounting, finance job areas.
BCom includes the following Specializations so you can choose as per your interest for further study.
- Computer Application
- Advertising and Sales Management
- Office Management
- Foreign Trade
Eligibility criteria for BCom course
The Students from any stream can take admission in bachelor of computer application, no matter a student from a science background, commerce background, and arts background.
If you have passed the 12th class from a recognized board then you are eligible for a bachelor of computer application.
But some colleges demand a minimum of 45-50% marks in the 12th class in any stream from a recognized board.
There are some reputed colleges that demand compulsory Mathematics and English in 12th standard, in order to take admission in that particular college so must have 12th pass with English and Mathematics.
There are some colleges that give admission without English and Mathematics and also that don’t demand a minimum of 45-50% marks and they have no such entrance exam.
There is no minimum and maximum age limit in order to pursue the BCom ( Bachelor of Commerce ) course.
Direct / Merit Based / Entrance Exam
The admission process varies from university to university.
There are so many institutes that offer direct admission on basis of 12th marks obtained from a recognized board.
And there are many institutes that take an entrance exam and also conduct group discussions for admission.
Popular Entrance Exam
- JNUEE – Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination
- GLAET – GLA University Entrance Test
- SET – Symbiosis Entrance Test
- KIITEE – Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Exam
- SUAT – Sharda University Admission Test
- IPU CET – Guru Gobind Singh Indrapratha University Common Entrance Test
- AIMA UGAT – All India Management Association Under Graduate Aptitute Test
Mode of Pursue ( BCom )
General / Specialization ( Hons )
3 Years ( 6 Semesters )
The BCom ( Bachelor of Commerce ) course is a regular, distance, and online 3 years course that includes 6 semesters.
Now almost every university takes exams on a semester basis.
There are 2 semesters in a year, each semester cover 50% syllabus of a year.
Therefore, according to the semester, there is only a 50% syllabus in the examination.
It is the charge students paid for their tuition classes in educational institutes for their education purpose.
Course fees depend upon the institute so they charge as per their demand.
The BCom course fees vary from college to college as follows.
Rs. 10K – 30K as per institute or state ( Government )
Rs. 30K – 1.5 Lakh as per institute or state ( Private )
There is no major government institution to do the BCom course. But still, in other government institutions.
The bigger the reputed college, the higher the fees they charge.
Private institutes are expensive compared to government institutes.
Salary after BCom Course
The salary depends upon the organization and what knowledge you have and it increases as per your experience, knowledge, performance, and skills.
As a fresher, you can expect 2.5 lakh – 4 lakh per annum
After completing a BCom course, you can do your job in various fields, and you can make your career.
- As a computer programmer is between 3 lakh to 4 lakh.
- You earn 4 lakh to 5 lakh annually as a system engineer.
- As a web developer earns 3 lakh to lakh annually.
- As a web designer you earn from 2 lakh to 5 lakh.
- As a software developer you earn 4 lakh to 5 lakh annually.
- As a software architect you can earn 10 lakh to 20 lakh rupees annually.
- As a System Security Officer, you can earn from 4 lakh to 5 lakh annually.
- As a software tester you can earn from 4 lakhs to 5 lakh per annum.
- As a network administrator you can earn 5 lakh to 7 lakh.
- As a system manager you can earn 8 lakh to 12 lakh annually.
Why Should I Choose BCom
- There are a lot of career options after BCom such as MCom, MBA, CA, CS, B.Ed, CMA, CFA, PG in Diploma Course etc.
- Easy to find job, vast job areas such as Banks, ( Marketing, Insurance, Investment ) Industry, Educational, Business Consulty etc.
- Very handsome salary
- First priority of banking / financial firms.
- Best Jobs such as Accountant, Finance Manager, Stock Brocker, Business Analyst, Budget Analyst, Finance Officer and many more.
- Its a flexible course, you can change your stream.
- It helps to become business man.
- Everyone can join BCom course.
Creative and Innovative Skills
Creativity and innovative skills are the most important skills for BCom degree holders so that you can use these skills in marketing, selling products, management, Accounting, and doing business, etc.
These creative and innovative skills should have everyone not only BCom degree holders because it helps to grow in every sector to create business and research new things.
If you want to achieve go in the teaching area, want to study further, or want to go in field related industry then must have good knowledge in core subjects.
The students who want to score well in the exam then you should have good knowledge in all the subjects.
And core subjects knowledge is very useful in interviews, group discussions, campus placement, and getting a job.
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
Critical thinking and problem skills, these skills are very important for all students to grow in life.
Critical thinking helps you to make a decision at right time, bring new ideas to increase business and for self-growth, find a solution, create opportunities for you, and many more.
And problem-solving skills help a lot grow your business, it also creates opportunities to grow yourself and your business, you can become a great leader.
As a BCom student, you must have these skills.
Ability to work under Pressure
If you want to work in a company or any organization then you have to work under pressure of boss so you should have the ability to work under pressure.
As a fresher, you have to work underboss or manager you have to remain calm in every situation, stay focused on work so this will help you a lot to grow yourself.
So if you want to do a job then prepare to work under pressure.
Teamwork and Collaboration Skills
After completing of BCom course you will go for the job in any company then you have to work with your team members so you must have teamwork and collaboration skills.
Sometimes company works on a big project at that time all the employees work with each other so that time these skills prooves very useful.
So teamwork and collaboration skills are very important in a company or everywhere where two or more people work with each other.
As a BCom student, you must develop these skills.
Leadership skill is a very important skill for those who want to become a manager or a leader in a company or want to do their own business.
If you have leadership skills then you can make decisions easily, inspired people, motivate them, become honest, create a visionary, become a problem solver, a critical thinker, become judgemental, etc.
If you want to become a great leader then you must have this skill so that you can achieve the desired goal for you or a company.
Communication skills are very important for everyone to do something big in life.
If you want to do a business, want to do a job, want to travel, or want to do anything communication skills play a vast role.
As a BCom student, you must have these communication skills so that you can achieve whatever you want, you can fulfill your desire by improving your communication skills.
Good communication increases confidence, builds team, makes better relationships, increases engagement and productivity, handles conflicts, increases job satisfaction, increases problem-solving ability, improves presentation skills, builds trust, etc.
|Business Analyst||Junior Analyst|
|Stock Broker||Finance Officer|
BCom Vs BBA
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Commerce||Bachelor of Business Administration|
|Higher Study||MCom, MBA||MBA|
|Degree||General Tradition degree Course||Professional Degree Course|
|Fees||30K – 1.5 lakh||1 – 4 Lakh|
|Salary||15K – 20K||20K -25K|
|Admission Process||Direct / Entrance Exam||Direct / Entrance Exam|
|Mode of Pursue||General / Honours||General / Honours|
The course you choose is up to you.
However, there are some courses you need to consider depending on the interest you have.
MCom – Master of Commerce
It is the best post-graduation course after BCom or graduation for those who are interested in accounting, sales, finance, marketing, etc.
There is some important specialization in MCom such as,
- Business Analytics
- Corporate Law
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
MBA – Master of Business Administration
It is also the most preferable professional course for BCom students in the management, marketing, and finance field.
If want to do business then you must join MBA because it provides a lot of knowledge about how to do business.
Nowadays the MBA degree has become the most demanding course because of new start-ups, trends of doing business, and many more.
CA – Chartered Accountant
CA is one of the best 4.5 years professional courses after BCom that are willing to become a chartered accountant.
If you are interested in accounting, advising people about business accounts, financial advice, liaising with clients, taxation, and auditing then you can join a BCom course.
PGDM – Post Graduation Diploma in Management
Post Graduation Diploma in Management is one of the best post-graduation courses after BCom or Graduation.
There are some specializations in PGDM such as
- Business Analytics
- International Business
- Operation Management
B.Ed – Bachelor of Education
It is the best course after BCom for those who want to become a teacher for government and private schools, the government, and a private college.
If you are interested to join the teaching field then you must join the bachelor of education course.
MMM – Master of Management Studies
The master of management studies is one of the best post-graduation programs after BCom ( Bachelor of Commerce ) in the management area.
This program is approved by AICTE/UGC.
The master of management studies course is specially designed for increasing management skills.
CMA – Cost Management Accountant
It is the best globally organized professional course after BCom or graduation in the commerce field.
If you have very good command in finance, management accounting, laws, and taxation then you should choose CMA for your bright future.
8. Digital Marketing
It is also the best course after BCom because digital marketing is on-trend these days.
Nowadays, Internet usage is increasing day by day
Generally, No need for any special qualification to learn digital marketing.
If you are in 6th, 10th, 12th, or graduate, you can start to learn digital marketing.
Digital marketing contains courses as follows.
|Social Media Marketing||Mobile Marketing|
|Web Analytics||Email Marketing|
|Sales funnel||Convention rate optimization|
|Search Engine Optimization||Content Marketing|
CFA – Chartered Finance Analyst
It is the best internationally recognized program after graduation conducted by the USA.
This course is generally most suitable for commerce students.
If you are interested to make a career in
- Investment Banking
- Capital Market
- Portfolio Management
- Equity Research
- Corporate Finance
- Stock Market etc.
Then this course ( CFA ) can be the best career option for your bright future.
CS – Company secretary
It is the best course BCom or any graduation course for building a bright career in any reputed company or organization.
If you are interested in
- Secretarial auditing
- Accounting, arranging meetings
- Keeping records
- Managing things in a proper manner
- Tax returns
- Drafting and executing of agreements
- Making appointments, etc.
Then this course can be the best one for you.
UPSC( Union Public Service Commission ) Civil Services Exam for
- IAS( Indian Administrative Service )
- IPS( Indian Police Service)
- IFS ( Indian Foreign Service).
Banking Exam for
- Bank PO( Probationary Officer )
- Bank Clerk.
RRB Exam for – TC, Clerk
SSC Exam for
- Income Tax Officer(CBDT)
- Assistant Audit Officer
- Assistant in Ministry of external affairs(MEA)
- Inspector(Central excise)(CBFC)
- Inspector ( Preventive Officer )
- Assistant Enforcement Officer(AEO) and many more.
And state government also provides so many jobs for Class-1, Class-2, and Class-3 like
- Dy. Section Officer
- Dy. Mamlatdar
- Junior Clerk, etc.
Top Colleges –
- Loyola College, Chennai Tamilnadu
- St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai Maharashtra
- Shri Ram College of Commerce, New Delhi
- Madras Christian College, Chennai Tamilnadu
- ASM’s Institute of Management and Computer Studies, Thane
- Christ University, Bangalore Karnataka
- St. Joseph’s College of Commerce, Bangalore Karnataka
- TKWs Institute of Banking and Finance, Delhi
- HL College of Commerce, Ahmedabad Gujarat
- The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Gujarat
Read More –
Q1 – What is Fullform of BCom?
A – Bachelor of Commerce
Q2 – What are the jobs after BCom?
A – Accountant, Consultant, Teacher, Company Secretary, Business Analyst, Finance Officer, Economics, Stock Broker, Auditor etc.
Q3 – How many subjects are there in BCom’s 6th Sem?
A – Fundamentals to Financial Management, Business Communication, Personal Selling and Salesmanship, Cyber Crimes and Laws, International Business, Consumer affairs and Customer Care.