Looking for the BCom 1st year ( 1st semester and 2nd semester ) subjects list and syllabus for semester wise?
Full Form – Bachelor of Commerce
Here you will get all the subjects list and syllabus for BCom 1st year ( 1st semester and 2nd semester ).
It is the best bachelor degree course after 12th class in any stream.
But it is most suitable for commerce students.
BCom 1st Year Subjects list and Syllabus
Here you will get all the subjects list, syllabus and details as per Delhi University and other universities.
Semester – 1
1. Financial Accounting
It is one of the best subjects in bcom 1st year and first semester.
Financial accounting involves analyzing, reporting, summarising and preparing various things related to business.
You will get to learn about the following topics in this subject.
- (a) Theoretical Framework, (b) Accounting Process
- (a) Business Income, (b) Preparation of financial statements of not for profit organizations
- Accounting for Hire Purchase and Installment System, Consignment, and Joint Venture
- Accounting for Inland Branches
- Accounting for Dissolution of Partnership Firm
2. New Venture Planning ( E )
The elective course subject New Venture Planning includes chapers like,
- Starting New Ventures
- Methods to Initiate Ventures
- Legal Challenges in Setting up Business
- The Search for Entrepreneurial Capital
- The Marketing Aspects of New Ventures
- Business Plan Preparation for New Ventures
3. Business Organization and Management
It is the bcom subject includes the following chapters.
- Foundation of Indian Business
- Business Enterprises
- The Process of Management
- Leadership, Motivation, Control, Change Management
- Conceptual framework of Marketing Management, Financial Management, and Human Resource Management
4. Environmental Studies
This subjects all about environment that changes day by day.
- Introduction to Environmental Studies
- Biodiversity and Conservation
- Environmental Pollution and Global Environmental Issues
- Human Population and the Environment
- Field Work
5. Business Economics
The Busness Economics includes the following important chapters.
- Introduction of Business Economics
- Demand Analysis
- Supply and Production Decisions
- Pricing and Output decisions under a various market structure
- Pricing Practices
- Capital Budgeting: Evaluating Capital Projects
6. Principles of Micro-Economics ( E )
It is elective subject covers following chapters.
- Introduction – (a) Demand and Supply, (b) Elasticity of demand and supply, (c) Application of demand and supply
- Consumer Theory
- Production and Cost
- Market Structure – (a) Perfect Compitition, (b) Monopoly, (c) Imperfect Compitition
- Income Distribution and Factor Pricing
7. English and Business Communication
It is an important subject for BCom students includes the following topics.
- Introduction to Business Communication
- Theory of Communication
- Corporate Communication
- Channels and Objectives of Communication
- Methods and Modes of Communication
- Principles of Effective Communication
- Writing Skills, Report writing
- Non-Verbal Aspects of Communicating
Semester – 2
1. Business Laws
This subject covers the following chapters.
- The Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Special Contracts
- The Sale Goods Act, 1930
- The Limited LiabilityPartnership Act, 2008
- The Information Technology Act, 2000
2. Business Mathematics and Statistics
- Part – A: Business Mathematics – (a) Matrices, (b) Matrices Calculus, (c) Basic Mathematics of Finance
- Part – B: Business Statistics
- Uni-variate Analysis
- Bi-variate Analysis
- Time-based Data: Index Numbers and Time Series Analysis
3. Business Communication
This subject is all about communication for businesses.
- Introduction of Communication
- Meaning of communication
- Characteristic of Communication
- Functions of Communication
- Mature of Communication
- Elements of Communication
4. Corporate Accounting
This is an important subject includes the following chapters.
- Accounting for Share Capital
- Accounting for Debentures
- Accounting for Amalgamation and Internal Reconstruction
- Cash Flow Statement
- Financial Statements Analysis
5. Principle of Macro Economics
- National Income Determination
- Open Economy
- IS-LM Framework
6. Economics of Regulation of Domestic and Foreign Exchange Markets ( E )
- Regulation of Domestic Markets
- Foreign Trade Policy and Procedures
- Industries Development Regulation
- Foreign Exchange Market
- The Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999
7. Language ( English / Hindi / Other )
Read More –
Honours Class Syllabus and Subjects
- Industrial Organisation and Management
- Business Mathematics
- Business Environment
- Language ( English / Hindi /Regional )
- Monetary Theories and Institutions
|Indian Booking System||Internet World Wide Web||Sales MAnagement and Advertising|
|Insurance Principles and Practices||Essencials of E-Commerce||Essentials of Marketing|
|Labour Welfare and Social Security||Financial Markets in India|
|Industrial Relation and Labour Laws||Financial Services|
Career Options after BCom
The course you choose is up to you.
However, there are some courses you need to consider depending on the interest you have.
1. Master of Commerce ( MCom )
2. Master of Business Administration
3. Company secretary
4. Chartered Accountant
5. Chartered Finance Analyst ( CFA )
6. Bachelor of Education ( B.Ed )
7. Cost Management Accountant ( CMA )
After BCom you can get an option for competitive exams in government services such as.
UPSC( Union Public Service Commission ) Civil Services Exam for
- IAS( Indian Administrative Service )
- IPS( Indian Police Service)
- IFS ( Indian Foreign Service).
Banking Exam for
- Bank PO( Probationary Officer )
- Bank Clerk.
RRB Exam for – TC, Clerk
SSC Exam for
- Income Tax Officer(CBDT)
- Assistant Audit Officer
- Assistant in Ministry of external affairs(MEA)
- Inspector(Central excise)(CBFC)
- Inspector ( Preventive Officer )
- Assistant Enforcement Officer(AEO) and many more.
And state government also provides so many jobs for Class-1, Class-2 and Class-3 like
- Dy. Section Officer
- Dy. Mamlatdar
- Junior Clerk, etc.
Job Profiles –
|Business Analyst||Junior Analyst|
|Stock Broker||Finance Officer|
Q1 – What is Full form of BCom?
A – BCom – Bachelor of Commerce
Q2 – How many subjects are there in BCom’s 1st year?
A – Financial Accounting, Business Organization and Management, Business Economics, Business Law, Environmental Studies, Business Mathematics and Statistic, Principle of Micro-Economics.
Q3 – What are the jobs after BCom?
A – Accountant, Consultant, Teacher, Company Secretary, Business Analyst, Finance Officer, Economics, Stock Broker, Auditor etc.