Looking for all about the BCA Course Subjects list for all Semesters and Syllabus, Course details, eligibility criteria.
Admission process, Salary, course fees, career options in private and government organizations, etc.
Full-Form of BCA – Bachelor of Computer Application
If you want to join BCA then here you will get all the subjects list and syllabus as per semester wise for regular pass class.
Table of Contents
BCA Course Subjects list and Syllabus
|Fundamentals of Information Technology
|Data Manipulation and Analysis
|Business Communication Skills
|Data Structure Using C
|Computer Programming and Programming Methodology
|Database Management System
|Introduction to Computer
|Business Organization and Management
|Practical ( Lab ) 1, C Language Lab
|Practical Lab, Programming Lab
- Limit and Continuity
- Vector Algebra
Fundamentals of Information Technology
- What are computers? Block Diagram, Computer Memory
- Languages, Computer Generation & Classifications
- Operating System, Windows
- Basic elements of a communication system, Internet, Network topologies
Business Communication Skills
- Concepts and Fundamentals
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
- Business Negotiation
Programming with C
- C basics
- C constructs
- C Functions
- Standard Library Functions
Introduction to Computer
- Introduction to Computer
- Types of Computer
- Basic Computer Architecture
- Hardware and Software
- Number System
- Input and Outpu Devices
Computer Programming and Programming Methodology
- Input Statements and Operators
- Output Statements and Operators
- Decision Making statements
- Iterative statements
- Concepts of Arrays and pointer
Data Manipulation and Analysis
- Concepts of worksheet
- Formulas, Data, and Charts
- Concepts of Database
- Normalization and Concepts of SQL
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Partial Order Relations and Lattices
- Functions of Several variables
- 3d Corrdinate Geometry
- Multiple Integration
Business Organization and Management
- Meaning and Contents of Business
- Management, Principles
- Managing Personnel – HRM
- Managing Production
- Boolean Algebra
- Arithmetic Circuits
Data Structure Using C
- Lists: Introduction to linked lists
- Multilevel indexing and B-Trees: Introduction
- Sorting Techniques
Database Management System
- Introduction, E-R Modeling
- File Organization
- Relational Data Model
- Data Normalization
|Jawa Programming Language
|Object-Oriented Programming and Data Structure
|Mobile Application Development
|Mobile Application Development
|Database handling using python
|Practical 3 ( Lab )
|Practical 4 ( Lab )
- Complex Variables
- Sequence, Series, and Convergence
- Vector Calculus
- Fourier Series
- Ordinary Differential Equtions of First Order
- Ordinary Differential Equtions of Second Order
- Register Transfer and Micro-operations
- Basic Computer Organizations and Design
- Central Processing Unit
- Computer Arithmetic
- Input-Output Organization
- Memory Organization
- Introduction of Financial Accounting
- Basis of accounting-cash & accrual, Journalizing transaction, Ledger Posting and Trial balance
- Financial statement analysis
- Inventory valuation
- Introducing Object-Oriented Approach, Relating to other paradigms
- Basic terms and ideas
- Classes and Objects
- Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Generic function – template function
- Files and Exception Handling
- Introduction to Data Structures
- Introduction to Arrays
- Introduction to Linked List
- Stack and Queues
- Tree, Binary Tree, Types
- Graph, Representation of Graph, Traversal of Graph, Application of Graph
- Software Requirements analysis and specifications
- Software Project Management Concepts
- Software Project Planning
- Software Design
- Software Metrics
- Software Testing
- Software Maintenance
Database Handling By Using Python
- Introduction to SQLite
- Database backup and CSV handling
- Python interaction with SQLite
- Python Interaction with text and CSV
- Data Visualization using dataframe
Moble Application Development 1
- Concepts of Mobile computing
- Setting up Android Environment
- XML (Extensible Markup Language)
- Creating basic App
- Android Widgets(UI)
Java programming Language
- Introduction to Java
- Classes and Objects
- Basic Concepts of Strings and Exceptions
- Threads and Packages
- Data Structure Implementation and Applet Classes
- Introduction to Operating System
- Memory Management – Early System
- Memory Management – Virtual Memory
- Processor Management
- Process Synchronization
- Device Management
- File Management
- The Scope and Method of Economics, The Economic Problem
- The Production Process
- Market Structure
- Macro Economic Concerns
- The World Economy
- Concepts of Systems
- Introduction to various Information Systems
- Transaction Processing Systems
- Case Studies Based on TPS
- Introduction of XML
- jQuery Fundamentals
Mobile Application Development 2
- Project structure of Mobile Application
- Basic Attributes and Events of Important Android Widgets(UI)
- Working with DART
- Introduction of Flutter
- Basic Flutter widget ( Constructor, attributes and Properties)
|UNIX and Shell Programming
|Computer Graphics and Multimedia Applications
|Computer Networks and Technologies
|E-Commerce and Cyber Security
|PHP and MySQL
|Graphics and Animation
|Advanced Database Management System
|Operating System 2
|Seminar on Information Technology and Trends
|Practical 6 ( Lab )
|Practical 5 ( Lab )
UNIX and Shell Programming
- Introduction of UNIX and Shell Programming
- Shell Programming
- Advanced Shell Programming
- Communication with other users
PHP and MySQL
- Introduction to PHP and writing PHP code
- Working with Data and Functions
- Sessions, Cookies and Upload Files
- Introduction to MySQL
- Introduction to jQuery
Operating System 2
- Processes Management
- Process Synchronization
- Memory Management
- Virtual Memory Management
Computer Networks and Technologies
- An Introduction to Networks, Network Topologies, and Types
- The Layering Models and Data Communication
- Networking Hardware
- Basic of TCP/IP Model
- Network Security: Introductory Concepts and Terminologies
Computer Graphics and Multimedia Applications
- Graphics Systems
- Line generation
- Geometric Transformations
E-Commerce and Cyber Security
- Introduction to Electronic Commerce
- The Network Infrastructure of e-Commerce
- e-Commerce Payments and Security Issues
- Introduction to Cyber Crimes
- Prohibited Actions on Cyber Crimes
- Internet Basics
- Introduction to WWW, Search Engine, Web Browsers, HTTP, URL
- Java Script
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Fundamentals of Artificial intelligence and Intelligent Agent
- Problem Solving by searching
- Natural language processing
- Machine Learning
BCA Course Details
What is a BCA course?
BCA course is an undergraduate course, which strengthens the foundation of the students about Information Technology in a very advanced way.
It is designed to provide basic knowledge of computers and to make aware of new technologies in computer fields.
It is 3 years professional course after the 12th class for those who are interested in information technology, coding, programming languages like C language, C++, JAVA, HTML, etc.
In this, you are told about computer applications related to information technology.
In the BCA course, along with giving you information related to computer applications, you are also told the solution of many problems related to it, and in this, you are given all the information related to the computer and its application.
Its application means that the computer can be used in your area and how.
BCA can be used in various fields, and this is what you will be taught in the BCA course.
If it describes broadly, in a BCA course, you are given information about programming languages, networking, fundamentals of computers, and all the information related to multimedia systems, data structure, and web-based application development, you will get in-depth.
Apart from this, software engineering is an exceptional and optional subject, which you can choose if you want. And if you choose then you get a lot of benefit in it.
You will also get a lot of information related to Animation, Accounting Applications, System Analysis, Personal Information Management, as well as Programming Language, Internet Technology, Computer Graphics, Music and Video Processing, and Cyber Law.
When you have this information you have gained more information than an advanced computer engineer.
And a computer engineer, a little lower than you would appear because, in B.Tech, computer courses are not taken into account like BCA.
The course of BCA is mainly of 3 years but some also do it for 4 years from the college.
In the course of B.Tech, generally in the first 2 semesters, you are given information about the entire engineering field and after that, in the next 3 years, you are given some information related to computers.
But in the course of BCA, you are given computer-related information throughout the semester.
And this makes you more capable than a B.Tech degree holder person.
Eligibility criteria for BCA course
The Students from any stream can take admission in bachelor of computer application, no matter a student from a science background, commerce background, and arts background.
If you have passed the 12th class from a recognized board then you are eligible for a bachelor of computer application.
But some colleges demand a minimum of 45-50% marks in the 12th class in any stream from a recognized board.
Some reputed colleges demand compulsory Mathematics and English in 12th standard, to take admission in that particular college so must have 12th pass with English and Mathematics.
Some colleges give admission without English and Mathematics and also that don’t demand a minimum of 45-50% marks and they have no such entrance exam.
There is no minimum and maximum age limit to pursue the BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) course.
Direct / Merit Based / Entrance Exam
The admission process varies from university to university.
There are so many institutes that offer direct admission on basis of 12th marks obtained from a recognized board.
And many institutes take an entrance exam and also conduct group discussions for admission.
Popular Entrance Exam
- JNUEE – Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination
- GLAET – GLA University Entrance Test
- SET – Symbiosis Entrance Test
- KIITEE – Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Exam
- SUAT – Sharda University Admission Test
- IPU CET – Guru Gobind Singh Indrapratha University Common Entrance Test
- AIMA UGAT – All India Management Association Under Graduate Aptitute Test
3 Years ( 6 Semesters )
The BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) course is a regular, distance, and online 3 years course that includes 6 semesters.
Now almost every university takes exams on a semester basis.
There are 2 semesters in a year, each semester cover 50% syllabus of a year.
Therefore, according to the semester, there is only a 50% syllabus in the examination.
It is the charge students paid for their tuition classes in educational institutes for their education purpose.
Course fees depend upon the institute so they charge as per their demand.
The BCA course fees vary from college to college as follows.
Rs. 10K – 30K as per institute or state ( Government )
Rs. 1 Lakh – 3 Lakh as per institute or state ( Private )
There is no major government institution to do the BCA course. But still, in other government institutions.
The bigger the reputed college, the higher the fees they charge.
Salary after BCA Course
The salary depends upon the organization and what knowledge you have and it increases as per your experience, knowledge, performance, and skills.
As a fresher, you can expect 3 lakh – 4 lakh per annum
Why should I join BCA course?
Whether to do a BCA course or not, it can be on your own, but as today’s world is running towards digitalization, that you must become a part of this digital world.
In today’s time Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn applications are not new, nor are they any applications that you do not know.
Today, people are earning lakhs to crores of rupees only through these mobile applications. Today, people are ruling the digital world with the help of online platforms.
But is it only these four-five applications that are ruling the world? Not! It’s not like that. That is why we tell you why you should study the BCA course
When you do a BCA course then you get to know about how to control the digital world & how it mixes with it.
When you do a BCA course, then you learn a programming language and once you learn the programming language, you can create different types of mobile applications with the help of a programming language. And can take a step in the digital world.
In today’s time, this digital world is moving towards a digital age, which no one can stop and for this, it should be in your destiny to take advantage of this era.
Nowadays, the course of B.Tech is more famous than BCA. But if we check the truth then a B.Tech degree holder is less capable than a BCA degree holder.
And in all the vacancies for B.Tech, a person doing a BCA course can easily get a job.
After doing the BCA course, you can earn your starting salary from 3 lakh to 6 lakh annually.
You need to do a BCA course only if you as a programmer have an idea to revolutionize the digital world.
If you want to do something big in this digital world, then you should do a BCA course.
Through this course, you can enhance your learning skills, increase your knowledge about information technology, master communication technology, and make a career in organization and management.
It is rarely seen that a person doing a BCA course becomes unemployed.
Benefits of the BCA course
After completing the BCA course, you can get all the information related to animation technology, and if you want to achieve your goal in this, then the BCA course is most beneficial for you.
- The application of accounting encourages you to do a BCA course.
- If you are conscious about computer system analysis and your career in it is the last, then you should join the BCA course.
- This course is not only about Information Technology but also about Personal Information Management.
- Various types of programming languages are taught to you in the course of the world and once you enter the programming market, different types of doors are opened for you. In which you can make your career wherever you want and take a wide step in the digital world.
- After completing the BCA course, you get mastery of internet technology which very few people are able to do.
- After doing the BCA course, computer graphics are taught to you closely and you are told all the information related to graphics, and everything is taught through practical.
- You can easily learn to do processing and editing of music and videos, after that you can step into the field of music direction and video direction.
- In this you are also taught ethical hacking, many schools do not teach ethical hacking. But some schools also teach you ethical hacking in this. And in this, you are given all the information related to cyber law.
- In today’s time, it is very difficult to understand internet technology, and in the course of BCA, you are taught internet technology properly.
- And at present, Google Microsoft Facebook, all these companies are engaged in the search for a person familiar with Internet technology, and in the coming time also the use of Internet technology is going to increase. Its use will not decrease in the coming time.
- You can become an android-developer, mobile application development, web developer, and web designer, and you can do all these things easily after doing the BCA course.
Objectives of BCA Course
There can be many reasons to join the BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) course such as just for graduation, increasing computer knowledge and programming, for a job, for further study, etc so it is an individual reason.
But the purpose to design the BCA Course are
- To provide the knowledge and skills to use basic mathematical data, mathematical symbols, and theory, and terminology in computer science.
- To skill the students in C programming language, Python programming, Unix programming, JAWA Programming, etc.
- To Provide knowledge about website designing by using HTML scripting, graphics, and animation, windows, and DOS.
- To improve English and communication skills.
- To be aware of the students about current and new technologies.
- To provide everything theoretically as well as practical.
Creative and Innovative Skills
Creativity and innovative skills are the most important skills for BCA degree holders so that you can use these skills in developing software, computer programming, developing computer applications, creating computer networks and systems, etc.
These creative and innovative skills should have everyone not only BCA degree holders because it helps to grow in every sector to create business and research new things.
Computer Programming Skills
If you are a BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) student then you must have computer programming skills because it is the core of this course.
The computer programmer who knows computer languages writes programs, tests the software programs, and collaborates with other programs.
So the students who want to become a computer programmer after BCA course then computer programming skills required.
If you want to achieve go in the teaching area, want to study further, or want to go in field related industry then must have good knowledge in core subjects.
The students who want to score well in the exam then you should have good knowledge in all the subjects.
And core subjects knowledge is very useful in interviews, group discussions, campus placement, and getting a job.
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
Critical thinking and problem skills, these skills are very important for all students to grow in life.
Critical thinking helps you to decide at right time, bring new ideas to increase business and for self-growth, find a solution, create opportunities for you, and many more.
And problem-solving skills help a lot grow your business, it also creates opportunities to grow yourself and your business, you can become a great leader.
As a BCA student, you must have these skills.
Ability to work under Pressure
If you want to work in a company or any organization then you have to work under pressure of boss so you should have the ability to work under pressure.
As a fresher, you have to work underboss or manager you have to remain calm in every situation, stay focused on work so this will help you a lot to grow yourself.
So if you want to do a job then prepare to work under pressure.
Teamwork and Collaboration Skills
After completing of BCA course you will go for the job in any company then you have to work with your team members so you must have teamwork and collaboration skills.
Sometimes company works on a big project at that time all the employees work with each other so that time these skills prooves very useful.
So teamwork and collaboration skills are very important in a company or everywhere where two or more people work with each other.
As a BCA student, you must develop these skills.
Leadership skill is a very important skill for those who want to become a manager or a leader in a company or want to do their own business.
If you have leadership skills then you can make decisions easily, inspired people, motivate them, become honest, create a visionary, become a problem solver, a critical thinker, become judgemental, etc.
If you want to become a great leader then you must have this skill so that you can achieve the desired goal for you or a company.
Communication skills are very important for everyone to do something big in life.
If you want to do a business, want to do a job, want to travel, or want to do anything communication skills play a vast role.
As a BCA student, you must have these communication skills so that you can achieve whatever you want, you can fulfill your desire by improving your communication skills.
Good communication increases confidence, builds team, makes better relationships, increases engagement and productivity, handles conflicts, increases job satisfaction, increases problem-solving ability, improves presentation skills, builds trust, etc.
|Civil Services Officers
After completing the BCA course, you go a long way in the belly of information technology.
You can become a computer programmer, and by becoming a computer programmer, you can contribute to different types of programming fields.
As a computer programmer, you have to write programs, test the programs, find errors and resolve, run the programs uses in computer applications and software.
You can explore your career more by developing mobile applications and software.
Another best career option is to become a web designer after completing the BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) course.
The web designer is one whose job is to develop, maintain the website. They also perform other tasks like web graphic designing, coding, etc.
This is a digital era so it needs a lot of web designers who can develop a user-friendly website so that can create and increase business.
You can also explore your career by developing your website for your business purpose.
The BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) course also provides knowledge about software development so you can become a software developer.
As a software developer, you have to design and develop software as per the user’s requirement by using programming and coding.
You can enter this digital world by developing the best and user-friendly software for you or your company.
After completing a BCA course you can become a network administrator if you like managing software and hardware.
The network administrator is looking after computer infrastructures. Generally, they are responsible for installing, managing, configuring computer networks.
As a network administrator sometimes you have to find problems and resolve them in the computer network and system.
You can become a teacher after the BCA course to get an opportunity to teach students in a school or a college about the subjects relevant to BCA.
You can also share knowledge and information about career options, empower girls to study, inspire students and people to do something big in their life, make a positive impact on students, can teach students about how to achieve success in their life, how to set a goal and achieve it.
Becoming a teacher and teaching students is one of the best services because you have the power to change people’s life.
Civil Service Officer
You can explore your career by clearing UPSC ( Union Public Service Commission ) and becoming a civil service officer ( IAS, IPS, IFS, etc ) after completing a BCA
By becoming a class 1 officer ( IAS, IPS, IFS ) you can get huge respect from society. It is too difficult to become a civil service officer but not impossible so you try your level best to crack the exam ( UPSC ).
There is a lot of benefits who becoming a civil service officer like a government job, huge respect, job security, stable income, a lot of other facilities such as home, car, assistant, driver, security, etc.
The clerk works in the office and has worked like looking after accounts, recording data, and other office works in a company, banks, court, school, college, etc.
You can become a clerk easily after completing graduation in BCA because you will get the advantage of the computer.
There is a lot of benefits for a clerk such as a very good salary, you can get a promotion by your performance, you can become a probationary officer ( PO ) also in the banks, less workload, etc.
Employment Areas for BCA Students
After completing the BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) course you can go to the following company.
These days IT industries are growing rapidly so there is a lot of scope for BCA students to make their careers.
IT Industries – Wipro Technologies, Infosys Technologies, Tata Consultancy Services, Yahoo, HP, Tech Mahindra, iGATE Patni, L&T infotech, HCL Technologies, Mindtree Ltd, Mphasis Ltd, Redington India, etc.
The modern banking industry plays a very good role for BCA students to make a career.
The Indian Banking system consists of public sector banks, private sector banks, urban cooperative banks, regional rural banks, foreign banks, and rural cooperative banks.
As a BCA student, you can get a job in a bank.
Software Development Company
The primary goal of a software company is to develop software products, they develop various types of Softwares as per requirement.
In the BCA course, you will have gained a lot of knowledge about software technology so you can get a job in a software company.
Computer Networking Industry
You can work as a network administrator in the computer network industry after completing the BCA course.
So as a network administrator you are responsible for installing, managing, configuring computer networks.
In this digital era, the computer network industry is growing rapidly so there is a lot of scope for BCA students to make a career in this field.
Media includes a lot of things such as social media, television, radio, and newspaper. It is divided into three main types such as internet, print media, and broadcast media.
So as a BCA student, you can join any of these media as a web developer, computer programmer, graphic designer, software developer, and application developer.
Government and Private Sectors
After completing the BCA course you can go to the government as well as private sectors.
If you want to be a government employee then you can crack any government exams such as UPSC, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, State Level Government Exam, RRB, Banking Exam, etc.
Or if you want to join the private sector then you can go to any private company and give an interview so if they have requirements they will recruit you.
Best Courses after BCA
There are a lot of courses after BCA such as MCA, MBA, MA, CA, CS, MSW, MFA, MCom, MMS, B.Ed, Digital Marketing, etc.
So you choose your favorite course and go for further study.
MCA – Master of Computer Application
The MCA is the most preferable course after BCA because the MCA course becomes easy for students after BCA.
This MCA course is designed to provide knowledge about information technology, computer science, development of application software, programming languages, website designing, etc.
This course provides theoretical as well as practical knowledge both.
MBA – Master of Business Administration
It is also the most preferable professional course for BCA students in the management, marketing, and finance field.
If want to do business then you must join MBA because it provides a lot of knowledge about how to do business.
Nowadays the MBA degree has become the most demanding course because of new start-ups, trends of doing business, and many more.
CA – Chartered Accountant
CA is one of the best 4.5 years professional courses after BCA that are willing to become a chartered accountant.
If you are interested in accounting, advising people about business accounts, financial advice, liaising with clients, taxation, and auditing then you can join a BCA course.
MMM – Master of Management Studies
The master of management studies is one of the best post-graduation programs after BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) in the management area.
This program is approved by AICTE/UGC.
The master of management studies course is specially designed for increasing management skills.
PGDM – Post Graduation Diploma in Management
Post Graduation Diploma in Management is one of the best post-graduation courses after BCA or Graduation.
There are some specializations in PGDM such as
- Business Analytics
- International Business
- Operation Management
CMA – Cost Management Accountant
It is the best globally organized professional course after BCA or graduation in the commerce field.
If you have very good command in finance, management accounting, laws, and taxation then you should choose CMA for your bright future.
B.Ed – Bachelor of Education
It is the best course after BCA for those who want to become a teacher for government and private schools, the government, and a private college.
If you are interested to join the teaching field then you must join the bachelor of education course.
MCom – Master of Commerce
It is the best post-graduation course after BCA or graduation for those who are interested in accounting, sales, finance, marketing, etc.
There is some important specialization in MCom such as,
- Business Analytics
- Corporate Law
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
9. Digital Marketing
It is also the best course after BCA because digital marketing is on-trend these days.
Nowadays, Internet usage is increasing day by day
Generally, No need for any special qualification to learn digital marketing.
If you are in 6th, 10th, 12th, or graduate, you can start to learn digital marketing.
Digital marketing contains courses as follows.
|Social Media Marketing
|Convention rate optimization
|Search Engine Optimization
Top Colleges for the BCA course in India
Various types of institutions offering a BCA course are available in India, but the names of the largest institutions which offer BCA courses are listed below, such as-
- Loyola College which is located in Chennai,
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune, located in Maharashtra,
- Amethi Institute of Technology which is located in Delhi,
- Lovely Professional University offers a BBC course
- Parul University, Vadodara
- Vellore Institute of Technology
- Petroleum and Energy Studies
- Indraprastha Institute of Technology.
- Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies.
Q1 – What is the Full-Form of BCA?
A – Bachelor of Computer Application
Q2 – Is BCA good after the 12th?
A – Yes, BCA is the best career option after the 12th class if you are interested in information technology, computer science, programming, and coding.
Q3 – Who can join the BCA course?
A – If you have clear 12th with 50% from a recognized university and want to go in fields like information technology, programming, according and computer science then you can join this course.
Q4 – What is BCA’s job?
A – Programmer, coder, teacher, professor, consultant, Technical Analyst, Software Administrator, System Manager, Web Developer, Software Developer, etc.