Looking for all about the BCA 1st year Subjects list for all Semesters and Syllabus, Course details, eligibility criteria.
Admission process, Salary, course fees, career options in private and government organizations, etc.
Full-Form of BCA – Bachelor of Computer Application
BCA 1st & 2nd Sem Subjects list and Syllabus
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Basic Mathematics||Mathematics 2|
|Fundamentals of Information Technology||Data Manipulation and Analysis|
|Business Communication Skills||Data Structure Using C|
|Computer Programming and Programming Methodology||Database Management System|
|Introduction to Computer||Digital Electronics|
|Statics||Business Organization and Management|
|Practical ( Lab ) 1, C Language Lab||Practical Lab, Programming Lab|
- Limit and Continuity
- Vector Algebra
Fundamentals of Information Technology
- What are computers? Block Diagram, Computer Memory
- Languages, Computer Generation & Classifications
- Operating System, Windows
- Basic elements of a communication system, Internet, Network topologies
Business Communication Skills
- Concepts and Fundamentals
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
- Business Negotiation
Programming with C
- C basics
- C constructs
- C Functions
- Standard Library Functions
Introduction to Computer
- Introduction to Computer
- Types of Computer
- Basic Computer Architecture
- Hardware and Software
- Number System
- Input and Outpu Devices
Computer Programming and Programming Methodology
- Input Statements and Operators
- Output Statements and Operators
- Decision Making statements
- Iterative statements
- Concepts of Arrays and pointer
Data Manipulation and Analysis
- Concepts of worksheet
- Formulas, Data, and Charts
- Concepts of Database
- Normalization and Concepts of SQL
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Partial Order Relations and Lattices
- Functions of Several variables
- 3d Corrdinate Geometry
- Multiple Integration
Business Organization and Management
- Meaning and Contents of Business
- Management, Principles
- Managing Personnel – HRM
- Managing Production
- Boolean Algebra
- Arithmetic Circuits
Data Structure Using C
- Lists: Introduction to linked lists
- Multilevel indexing and B-Trees: Introduction
- Sorting Techniques
Database Management System
- Introduction, E-R Modeling
- File Organization
- Relational Data Model
- Data Normalization
BCom ( Bachelor of Commerce ) Course Details
BCA Course Details
What is a BCA course?
BCA course is an undergraduate course, which strengthens the foundation of the students about Information Technology in a very advanced way.
It is designed to provide basic knowledge of computers and to make aware of new technologies in computer fields.
It is 3 years professional course after the 12th class for those who are interested in information technology, coding, programming languages like C language, C++, JAVA, HTML, etc.
In this, you are told about computer applications related to information technology.
In the BCA course, along with giving you information related to computer applications, you are also told the solution of many problems related to it, and in this, you are given all the information related to the computer and its application.
Its application means that the computer can be used in your area and how.
BCA can be used in various fields, and this is what you will be taught in the BCA course.
If it describes broadly, in a BCA course, you are given information about programming languages, networking, fundamentals of computers, and all the information related to multimedia systems, data structure, and web-based application development, you will get in-depth.
Apart from this, software engineering is an exceptional and optional subject, which you can choose if you want. And if you choose then you get a lot of benefit in it.
You will also get a lot of information related to Animation, Accounting Applications, System Analysis, Personal Information Management, as well as Programming Language, Internet Technology, Computer Graphics, Music and Video Processing, and Cyber Law.
When you have this information you have gained more information than an advanced computer engineer.
And a computer engineer, a little lower than you would appear because, in B.Tech, computer courses are not taken into account like BCA.
The course of BCA is mainly of 3 years but some also do it for 4 years from the college.
In the course of B.Tech, generally in the first 2 semesters, you are given information about the entire engineering field and after that, in the next 3 years, you are given some information related to computers.
But in the course of BCA, you are given computer-related information throughout the semester.
And this makes you more capable than a B.Tech degree holder person.
Eligibility criteria for BCA course
45-50% marks in the 12th class in any stream from a recognized board.
There is no minimum and maximum age limit to pursue the BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) course.
Direct / Merit Based / Entrance Exam
The admission process varies from university to university.
There are so many institutes that offer direct admission on basis of 12th marks obtained from a recognized board.
And many institutes take an entrance exam and also conduct group discussions for admission.
Popular Entrance Exam
- JNUEE – Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination
- GLAET – GLA University Entrance Test
- SET – Symbiosis Entrance Test
- KIITEE – Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Exam
- SUAT – Sharda University Admission Test
- IPU CET – Guru Gobind Singh Indrapratha University Common Entrance Test
- AIMA UGAT – All India Management Association Under Graduate Aptitute Test
3 Years ( 6 Semesters )
Now almost every university takes exams on a semester basis.
There are 2 semesters in a year, each semester cover 50% syllabus of a year.
Therefore, according to the semester, there is only a 50% syllabus in the examination.
The BCA course fees vary from college to college as follows.
Rs. 10K – 30K as per institute or state ( Government )
Rs. 1 Lakh – 3 Lakh as per institute or state ( Private )
Salary after BCA Course
The salary depends upon the organization and what knowledge you have and it increases as per your experience, knowledge, performance, and skills.
As a fresher, you can expect 3 lakh – 4 lakh per annum
Why should I join BCA course?
Whether to do a BCA course or not, it can be on your own, but as today’s world is running towards digitalization, according to that you must become a part of this digital world.
In today’s time Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn all these applications are not new, nor are they any applications that you do not know.
Today, people are earning lakhs to crores of rupees only through these mobile applications. Today, people are ruling the digital world with the help of online platforms.
But is it only these four-five applications that are ruling the world? Not! It’s not like that. That is why we tell you why you should study BCA course-
When you do a BCA course then you get to know about how to control the digital world & how it mixes with it.
When you do a BCA course, then you learn a programming language and once you learn the programming language, you can create different types of mobile applications with the help of programming language. And can take a step in the digital world.
In today’s time, this digital world is moving towards a digital age, which no one can stop and for this, it should be in your destiny to take advantage of this era.
Nowadays, the course of B.Tech is more famous than BCA. But if we check the truth then a B.Tech degree holder is less capable than a BCA degree holder.
And in all the vacancies for B.Tech, a person doing a BCA course can easily get a job.
After doing the BCA course, you can earn your starting salary from 3 lakh to 6 lakh annually.
You need to do a BCA course only if you as a programmer have an idea to revolutionize the digital world.
If you want to do something big in this digital world, then you should do a BCA course.
Through this course, you can enhance your learning skills, increase your knowledge about information technology, master communication technology, and make a career in organization and management.
It is rarely seen that a person doing a BCA course becomes unemployed.
Benefits of the BCA course
After completing the BCA course, you can get all the information related to animation technology, and if you want to achieve your goal in this, then the BCA course is most beneficial for you.
- The application of accounting encourages you to do a BCA course.
- If you are conscious about computer system analysis and your career in it is the last, then you should join the BCA course.
- This course is not only about Information Technology but also about Personal Information Management.
- Various types of programming languages are taught to you in the course of the world and once you enter the programming market, different types of doors are opened for you. In which you can make your career wherever you want and take a wide step in the digital world.
- After completing the BCA course, you get mastery about internet technology which very few people are able to do.
- After doing BCA course, computer graphics are taught to you closely and you are told all the information related to graphics and everything is taught through practical.
- You can easily learn to do processing and editing of music and videos, after that you can step into the field of music direction and video direction.
- In this you are also taught ethical hacking, many schools do not teach ethical hacking. But some schools also teach you ethical hacking in this. And in this you are given all the information related to cyber law.
- In today’s time it is very difficult to understand internet technology, and in the course of BCA, you are taught internet technology properly.
- And at present, Google Microsoft Facebook, all these companies are engaged in the search for a person familiar with Internet technology, and in the coming time also the use of Internet technology is going to increase. Its use will not decrease in the coming time.
- You can become an android-developer, mobile application development, web developer, web designer, and you can do all these things easily after doing BCA course.
Objectives of BCA Course
There can be many reasons to join the BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) course such as just for graduation, increasing computer knowledge and programming, for a job, further study, etc so it is an individual reason.
But the purposes to design the BCA Course are
- To provide the knowledge and skills to use basic mathematical data, mathematical symbols and theory, terminology in computer science.
- To skilled the students in C programming language, Python programming, Unix programming, JAWA Programming, etc.
- To Provide knowledge about website designing by using HTML scripting, graphics and animation, windows and DOS.
- To improve English and communication skills.
- To aware the students about cureernt and new technologies.
- To provide everything theoritically as well as practical.
- Creative and Innovative Skills
- Computer Programming Skills
- Subjects Knowledge
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to work under Pressure
- Teamwork and Collaboration Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Communication Skills
Highest Paying Government Jobs in India
|Web Designer||Software Developer|
|Civil Services Officers||Computer Programmer|
|System Manager||Network Administrator|
Employment Areas for BCA Students
After completing the BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) course you can go to the following company.
- IT Industry
- Banking Industry
- Software Development Company
- Computer Networking Industry
- Government and Private Sectors
Best Courses after BCA
There are a lot of courses after BCA such as MCA, MBA, MA, CA, CS, MSW, MFA, MCom, MMS, B.Ed, Digital Marketing, etc.
So you choose your favorite course and go for further study.
MCA – Master of Computer Application
The MCA is the most preferable course after BCA because the MCA course becomes easy for students after BCA.
This MCA course is designed to provide knowledge about information technology, computer science, development of application software, programming languages, website designing, etc.
This course provides theoretical as well as practical knowledge both.
MBA – Master of Business Administration
It is also the most preferable professional course for BCA students in the management, marketing, and finance field.
If want to do business then you must join MBA because it provides a lot of knowledge about how to do business.
Nowadays the MBA degree has become the most demanding course because of new start-ups, trends of doing business, and many more.
CA – Chartered Accountant
CA is one of the best 4.5 years professional courses after BCA that are willing to become a chartered accountant.
If you are interested in accounting, advising people about business accounts, financial advice, liaising with clients, taxation, and auditing then you can join a BCA course.
MMM – Master of Management Studies
The master of management studies is one of the best post-graduation programs after BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) in the management area.
This program is approved by AICTE/UGC.
The master of management studies course is specially designed for increasing management skills.
PGDM – Post Graduation Diploma in Management
Post Graduation Diploma in Management is one of the best post-graduation courses after BCA or Graduation.
There are some specializations in PGDM such as
- Business Analytics
- International Business
- Operation Management
CMA – Cost Management Accountant
It is the best globally organized professional course after BCA or graduation in the commerce field.
If you have very good command in finance, management accounting, laws, and taxation then you should choose CMA for your bright future.
B.Ed – Bachelor of Education
It is the best course after BCA for those who want to become a teacher for government and private schools, the government, and a private college.
If you are interested to join the teaching field then you must join the bachelor of education course.
MCom – Master of Commerce
It is the best post-graduation course after BCA or graduation for those who are interested in accounting, sales, finance, marketing, etc.
There is some important specialization in MCom such as,
- Business Analytics
- Corporate Law
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
9. Digital Marketing
It is also the best course after BCA because digital marketing is on-trend these days.
Nowadays, Internet usage is increasing day by day
Generally, No need for any special qualification to learn digital marketing.
If you are in 6th, 10th, 12th, or graduate, you can start to learn digital marketing.
Digital marketing contains courses as follows.
|Social Media Marketing||Mobile Marketing|
|Web Analytics||Email Marketing|
|Sales funnel||Convention rate optimization|
|Search Engine Optimization||Content Marketing|
Top Colleges for the BCA course in India
Various types of institutions offering a BCA course are available in India, but the names of the largest institutions which offer BCA courses are listed below, such as-
- Loyola College which is located in Chennai,
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune, located in Maharashtra,
- Amethi Institute of Technology which is located in Delhi,
- Lovely Professional University offers a BBC course
- Parul University, Vadodara
- Vellore Institute of Technology
- Petroleum and Energy Studies
- Indraprastha Institute of Technology.
- Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies.
BCom ( Bachelor of Commerce ) Course Details
Highest Paying Government Jobs in India
Q1 – What is the Full-Form of BCA?
A – Bachelor of Computer Application
Q2 – Is BCA good after the 12th?
A – Yes, BCA is the best career option after the 12th class if you are interested in information technology, computer science, programming, and coding.
Q3 – Who can join the BCA course?
A – If you have clear 12th with 50% from a recognized university and want to go in fields like information technology, programming, according and computer science then you can join this course.
Q4 – What is BCA’s job?
A – Programmer, coder, teacher, professor, consultant, Technical Analyst, Software Administrator, System Manager, Web Developer, Software Developer, etc.