Looking for the BA History subjects list and syllabus, course details?
Here you will get all the details for BA History like subjects list, syllabus, course details, fees, admission process, salary, eligibility criteria, job profile etc.
If you are interested in writing, reading, analyzing then BA in History is one of the best courses for you.
BA History Course Details
BA History is one of the best undergraduate programs after the 12th class for the students.
BA History is the Study of History of India, Social Formation and Cultural Patterns of the World, concurrent, the rise of the modern world, etc.
12th class in any stream from a recognized board.
Students from any stream can take admission in bachelor of arts in History, no matter a student from a science background, commerce background, and arts background.
If you are a pass in 12th class you are eligible for a bachelor’s degree in History.
There are some colleges that want 50% marks and some colleges just want a pass class. And there are some colleges that have their own entrance exams.
If you want that you do a BA History directly without appearing in the entrance exam, then you have to appear on the 10th board merit list. So that you need not appear in the entrance exam.
3 Years ( 6 Semesters )
BA History is a regular, distance, and online 3 years course that includes 6 semesters.
Now almost every university takes exams on a semester basis.
There are 2 semesters in a year, each semester cover 50% syllabus of a year.
Therefore, according to the semester, there is only a 50% syllabus in the examination.
Direct / Merit Based / Entrance Exam
The admission process varies from university to university.
There are so many institutes that offer direct admission on basis of 12th marks obtained from a recognized board.
And there are many institutes that take an entrance exam and also conduct group discussions for admission.
There are a lot of colleges in India that offer direct admission into a BA History course. They don’t demand any entrance test to crack to get admission in that particular college.
They just want the 12th class pass in any stream ( Arts, Commerce, and Science ) from a recognized board. You need not secure a minimum of 50% marks to get admission.
Generally, Private colleges offer direct admission to students.
All you just need to go to the college with the relevant documents, they will check it and you will get admission to any respective college.
There are many governments and private colleges that offer admission on merit-based into the Bachelor of Arts in a History course.
Generally, they conduct the online-based selection process so that they can give admission based on merit. Also in Offline mode.
You have to fill application form step by step –
Step 1 – Registration
You have to click the university’s website to complete the registration of which university you have selected.
Fill in all the details carefully as per the requirement.
Step 2 – Log in
After completing registration you will get a username and password, you can log in by using it for further process.
Step 3 – You have to fill out the application form
In the third step, you have to fill in all the details like students’ name, father and mother name, education qualification, address, mobile number, email id, security pin, nationality, date of birth, gender, category, etc.
Be careful while filling application form because sometimes small mistakes can cancel your admission.
Step 4 – Upload images of relevant documents
After filling out the application form you have to upload images of relevant documents such as mark sheets, caste certificate, living certificate, address proof id, and other required certificates.
Step 5 – Preview the profile
In the 5th step, you have to preview the application form to check any mistakes before clicking on final submission.
So that you can ensure about your application form.
Step 6 – Final Submission
When everything is filled you can click final submission to submit the application form.
Step 7 – Pay the application fees
You can complete the process by paying application fees ( If any )
Based on Entrance Exam
There are some reputed universities that demand entrance exams to take admission.
If you want to join the BA History course, you have to pass the entrance exam.
The entrance exam can be passed in two ways.
If you want, you can pass the national entrance exam or you can pass the entrance exam of any college.
Their selection process is the same as merit-based admission but you just have to add a score of the entrance exam.
Popular Entrance Exam
- JNUEE – Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination
- BHU UET – Banaras Hindu University Undergraduate Entrance Test
- CUET – Christ University Entrance Test
- GLAET – GLA University Entrance Test
- JMI EE – Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Exam
- SET – Symbiosis Entrance Test
- SUAT – Sharda University Admission Test
- IPU CET – Guru Gobind Singh Indrapratha University Common Entrance Test
It is the charge students paid for their tuition classes in educational institutes for their education purpose.
Course fees depend upon the institute so they charge as per their demand.
BA History course fees vary from college to college as follows.
Rs. 5K – 30K as per institute or state ( Government )
Rs. 10K – 1Lakh as per institute or state ( Private )
The bigger the reputed college, the higher the fees they charge.
The salary depends upon the organization and what knowledge you have and it increases as per your experience, knowledge, performance, and skills.
As a fresher, you can expect 3 lakh – 6 lakh per annum
Why should I Join BA History ( Benefits )
- It is a less expensive course.
- We can join after 12th in stream.
- You can get job both private as well as government organizations.
- You can become techer, executive, editor, professor, writer, professor, lecturer,copywriter, journalist, technical writer, etc.
- You can explore your career in fields like mass communication, journalism, hospitality, NRI, civil services, publishing creative writing, advertising, media reporting, marketing, teaching areas, research, etc.
- You can gain knowledge about communication skills, trasnlation studies, creative writing, film studies, literature, critical thinking, literary skills, etc.
BA History Subjects List and Syllabus
History Of India 1
- Reconstructing Ancient Indian History
- Pre-historic hunter-gatherers
- The advent of food production
- The Harappan civilization :
- Cultures in transition-settlement patterns, technological and economic developments
- Social stratification
- Political relations
- Religion and philosophy
- The Aryan Problem.
Social Formations and Cultural Patterns of the
- Evolution of humankind
- Food production
- Nomadic groups in Central and West Asia
- Slave society in ancient Greece
- Bronze Age Civilisations
- Polis in ancient Greece
Concurrent – Qualifying Language
History of India 2
- Economy and Society (circa 300 BCE to circa CE 300 )
- Changing political formations (circa 300 BCE to circa CE 300)
- Towards early medieval India (circa CE fourth century to CE 750 )
- Religion, philosophy and society (circa 300 BCE- CE 750)
- V. Cultural developments (circa 300 BCE – CE 750)
Social Formations and Cultural Patterns of the
- Roman Republic, Principate and Empire—slave society in ancient Rome
- Religion and culture in ancient Rome
- Crises of the Roman Empire
- Economic developments in Europe from the 7th to the 14th centuries
- Religion and culture in medieval Europe
- Societies in Central Islamic Lands
Concurrent – Credit Language
History of India-III (c. 750-1206)
- Studying Early Medieval India
- Political Structures
- Agrarian Structure and Social Change
- Trade and Commerce
- Religious and Cultural Developments
Rise of Modern West-I
- Transition from feudalism to capitalism
- Early colonial expansion motives, voyages and explorations
- Emergence of European state system
Anyone from the following
- History Of United States Of America (C. 1776 – 1945) OR
- History Of The USSR (c. 1917- 1964) OR
- History Of Africa (c. 1500 – 1960s) OR
- History Of Southeast Asia – The 19th Century
Concurrent – Interdisciplinary
History of India-IV (c. 1206-1550)
- Interpreting the Delhi Sultanate
- Sultanate Political Structures
- Society and Economy
- Religion, Society and Culture
Rise of Modern West-II
- 17th century European crisis
- The English Revolution
- Mercantilism and European economics
- Political and economic issues in the American Revolution
- Preludes to the Industrial Revolution
Anyone from the following
History Of The United States Of America (C. 1776 – 1945) OR
History Of The USSR (c. 1917 – 1964s) OR
History Of Latin America (c. 1500 – the 1960s) OR
History Of Southeast Asia – The 20th Century
Concurrent – Discipline Centered I
History of India-V (c. 1550-1605)
- Sources and Historiography
- Establishment of Mughal rule
- Consolidation of Mughal rule under Akbar
- Expansion and Integration
- Rural Society and Economy
- Political and religious ideals
History of India-VI (c. 1750-1857)
- India in the mid – 18th Century; Society , Economy, Polity
- Expansion and Consolidation of colonial Power
- Colonial State and Ideology
- Rural Economy and Society
- Trade and Industry
- Popular Resistance
History of China & Japan – I (c. 1840-1949 )
- Imperialism and China during the 19th century
- The Emergence of Nationalism in China
History of Modern Europe I (c. 1780-1939 )
- Revolution and Reaction, c. 1750 – 1850
- V. Capitalist Industrialization and Social and Economic Transformation
- Varieties of Nationalism and the Remaking of States in the 19th and 20th centuries
History of India-VII (c. 1605-1750)
- Sources: Persian and vernacular literary cultures, histories, memoirs and travelogues
- Political Culture under Jahangir and Shah Jahan
- Mughal Empire under Aurangzeb
- Visual Culture: Paintings and Architecture
- Patterns of Regional Polities
- Trade and Commerce
History of India-VIII (c. 1857-1950)
- Cultures changes and Social and Religious Reform Movements
- Nationalism: Trends up to 1919
- Gandhian nationalism after 1919: Ideas and Movements
- Nationalism and Social Groups: Interfaces
- Communalism: Ideologies and practices – RSS, Hindu Maha Sabha, Muslim League
- Independence and Partition
- The emergence of a New State
History of China & Japan – II (c. 1840-1949)
- Nationalism and Communism in China (1921-1937)
- The Communist Movement (1928-1949)
- Transition from feudalism to capitalism
- Japanese Imperialism
- Democracy and Militarism/Fascism
History of Modern Europe –II (1780-1939)
- Liberal Democracy, Working-Class Movements and Socialism in the 19th and 20th Centuries
- The Crisis of Feudalism in Russia and Experiments in Socialism
- Imperialism, War, and Crisis: c. 1880 – 1939
- Cultural and Intellectual Developments since circa 1850
Concurrent – Discipline Centered II
- Content Writer
- Executive Assistant
- Public Servant
- HR Executive
- Teacher Policy Analyst
Best Courses after Bachelor of Arts(BA)
MA – Master of Arts
Master of Arts ( MA ) is one of the most popular and best post-graduation degree courses after BA History.
You can become a master in economics, you will get knowledge of finance, management, and economics. It will help you a lot in day-to-day life.
2. MSW – Master of Social Work
Master of Social Work is the best post-graduation degree course after BA History or BSW ( Bachelor of Social Work ).
If you are interested in serving people who are below the poverty level, unemployed, alcoholism, drug abuse, old ages, and uneducated.
Then you must have to join this course.
If you want to educate society for a better life, want to make a good impact in someone’s life want to solve their problem, and many more, then the master of social work can best career option for you.
MBA – Master of Business Administration
It is also the most preferable professional course for BA students in the management, marketing, and finance field.
If want to do business then you must join MBA because it provides a lot of knowledge about how to do business.
Nowadays the MBA degree has become the most demanding course because of new start-ups, trends of doing business, and many more.
MFA – Master of Fine Arts
Master of Fine Arts is one of the best post-graduation degree courses after or BA History.
If want to become an artist, master any performing arts like dance, music, drama & theater, film Making, etc.
Or master in visual arts like creative writing, painting, literature, photography, animation, graphic designing, applied arts calligraphy, textile design, printmaking, digital arts, etc.
Then you should go for an MFA ( Master of Fine Arts ) in your interested area.
MMC – Master of Mass Communication
Master of Mass Communication is one of the best courses after BA History for those who are interested in news anchoring, reporting, copywriting, etc.
There are several important specializations in bachelor of journalism and mass communication such as,
- News channel
- Newspaper etc.
B.Ed – Bachelor of Education
It is the best course after BA in History for those who want to become a teacher for government and private schools, the government, and a private college.
If you are interested to join the teaching field then you must join the bachelor of education course.
7. Digital Marketing
It is also the best course after BA in History because digital marketing is on-trend these days.
Nowadays, Internet usage is increasing day by day
Generally, No need for any special qualification to learn digital marketing.
If you are in 6th, 10th, 12th, or graduate, you can start to learn digital marketing.
Digital marketing contains courses as follows.
|Social Media Marketing||Mobile Marketing|
|Web Analytics||Email Marketing|
|Sales funnel||Convention rate optimization|
|Search Engine Optimization||Content Marketing|
Career Scope in Government Organizations
You can also prepare for Government job exams such as.
UPSC( Union Public Service Commission ) Civil Services Exam for
- IAS( Indian Administrative Service )
- IPS( Indian Police Service)
- IFS ( Indian Foreign Service).
Banking Exam for
- Bank PO( Probationary Officer )
- Bank Clerk.
RRB Exam for – TC, Clerk
SSC Exam for
- Income Tax Officer(CBDT)
- Assistant Audit Officer
- Assistant in Ministry of external affairs(MEA)
- Inspector(Central excise)(CBFC)
- Inspector ( Preventive Officer )
- Assistant Enforcement Officer(AEO) and many more.
And state government also provides so many best jobs for Class-1, Class-2 and Class-3 like
- Dy. Section Officer
- Dy. Mamlatdar
- Junior Clerk, etc.
So the arts stream is very good you can choose for your bright future.
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Daulat Ram College, New Delhi
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- Indian Institute of Art and Design
- Presidency University, Kolkata
- Amity University, Gurugram
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, New Delhi
- Hansraj College, New Delhi
- Miranda House, New Delhi
Read More –
BA in English (Honours) – Subjects list and Syllabus, Course Details
BA in Sociology Subjects list and Syllabus, Course Details
Q1 – What are the best courses after BA in History?
A – There are some best courses after BA such as MA, MFA, MBA, Digital Marketing, MBA etc.
Q2 – Is BA in history a good course?
A – It is a very good course after 12th arts. You can study for your bright future.
Q3 – Is BA in history good for IAS?
A – Yes, BA in History can help a lot to prepare for IAS because it covers a lot of syllabus for UPSC Exam.