Looking for the BA in History 2nd year ( 3rd semester and 4th semester ) syllabus and subjects list semester-wise?
Full-Form – Bachelor of Arts
Here you will get all the subjects list and syllabus for BA in History 2nd year ( 3rd semester and 4th semester ).
It is the best bachelor’s degree course after the 12th class in any stream.
But it is most suitable for Arts students.
Table of Contents
BA in History 2nd Year Syllabus and Subjects
Here you will get the subjects list, syllabus for the 2nd ( Second ) year, and details as per Delhi University and other universities.
History of India-III (c. 750-1206)
- Studying Early Medieval India
- Political Structures
- Agrarian Structure and Social Change
- Trade and Commerce
- Religious and Cultural Developments
Rise of Modern West-I
- Transition from feudalism to capitalism
- Early colonial expansion motives, voyages and explorations
- Emergence of European state system
Anyone from the following
- History Of United States Of America ( C. 1776 – 1945 ) OR
- History Of The USSR (c. 1917- 1964) OR
- History Of Africa ( c. 1500 – 1960s ) OR
- History Of Southeast Asia – The 19th Century
Concurrent – Interdisciplinary
History of India-IV (c. 1206-1550)
- Interpreting the Delhi Sultanate
- Sultanate Political Structures
- Society and Economy
- Religion, Society and Culture
Rise of Modern West-II
- 17th century European crisis
- The English Revolution
- Mercantilism and European economics
- Political and economic issues in the American Revolution
- Preludes to the Industrial Revolution
Anyone from the following
History Of The United States Of America (C. 1776 – 1945) OR
History Of The USSR (c. 1917 – 1964s) OR
History Of Latin America (c. 1500 – 1960s) OR
History Of Southeast Asia – The 20th Century
Concurrent – Discipline Centered I
BA History Course Details
BA History is one of the best undergraduate programs after the 12th class for the students.
BA History is the Study of History of India, Social Formation and Cultural Patterns of the World, concurrent, the rise of the modern world, etc.
12th class in any stream from a recognized board.
Students from any stream can take admission in bachelor of arts in History, no matter a student from a science background, commerce background, and arts background.
If you are a pass in 12th class you are eligible for a bachelor’s degree in History.
There are some colleges that want 50% marks and some colleges just want a pass class. And there are some colleges that have their own entrance exams.
If you want that you do a BA History directly without appearing in the entrance exam, then you have to appear on the 10th board merit list. So that you need not appear in the entrance exam.
3 Years ( 6 Semesters )
BA History is a regular, distance, and online 3 years course that includes 6 semesters.
Now almost every university takes exams on a semester basis.
There are 2 semesters in a year, each semester cover 50% syllabus of a year.
Therefore, according to the semester, there is only a 50% syllabus in the examination.
Direct / Merit Based / Entrance Exam
The admission process varies from university to university.
There are so many institutes that offer direct admission on basis of 12th marks obtained from a recognized board.
And there are many institutes that take an entrance exam and also conduct group discussions for admission.
Popular Entrance Exam
- JNUEE – Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination
- BHU UET – Banaras Hindu University Undergraduate Entrance Test
- CUET – Christ University Entrance Test
- GLAET – GLA University Entrance Test
- JMI EE – Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Exam
- SET – Symbiosis Entrance Test
- SUAT – Sharda University Admission Test
- IPU CET – Guru Gobind Singh Indrapratha University Common Entrance Test
It is the charge students paid for their tuition classes in educational institutes for their education purpose.
Course fees depend upon the institute so they charge as per their demand.
BA History course fees vary from college to college as follows.
Rs. 5K – 30K as per institute or state ( Government )
Rs. 10K – 1Lakh as per institute or state ( Private )
The bigger the reputed college, the higher the fees they charge.
The salary depends upon the organization and what knowledge you have and it increases as per your experience, knowledge, performance, and skills.
As a fresher, you can expect 3 lakh – 6 lakh per annum
Why should I Join BA History ( Benefits )
- It is a less expensive course.
- We can join after 12th in stream.
- You can get job both private as well as government organizations.
- You can become techer, executive, editor, professor, writer, professor, lecturer,copywriter, journalist, technical writer, etc.
- You can explore your career in fields like mass communication, journalism, hospitality, NRI, civil services, publishing creative writing, advertising, media reporting, marketing, teaching areas, research, etc.
- You can gain knowledge about communication skills, trasnlation studies, creative writing, film studies, literature, critical thinking, literary skills, etc.
- Content Writer
- Executive Assistant
- Public Servant
- HR Executive
- Teacher Policy Analyst
MA – Master of Arts
Master of Arts ( MA ) is one of the most popular and best post-graduation degree courses after BA History.
You can become a master in economics, you will get knowledge of finance, management, and economics. It will help you a lot in day-to-day life.
2. MSW – Master of Social Work
Master of Social Work is the best post-graduation degree course after BA History or BSW ( Bachelor of Social Work ).
If you are interested in serving people who are below the poverty level, unemployed, alcoholism, drug abuse, old ages, and uneducated.
Then you must have to join this course.
If you want to educate society for a better life, want to make a good impact in someone’s life want to solve their problem, and many more, then the master of social work can best career option for you.
MBA – Master of Business Administration
It is also the most preferable professional course for BA students in the management, marketing, and finance field.
If want to do business then you must join MBA because it provides a lot of knowledge about how to do business.
Nowadays the MBA degree has become the most demanding course because of new start-ups, trends of doing business, and many more.
MFA – Master of Fine Arts
Master of Fine Arts is one of the best post-graduation degree courses after or BA History.
If want to become an artist, master any performing arts like dance, music, drama & theater, film Making, etc.
Or master in visual arts like creative writing, painting, literature, photography, animation, graphic designing, applied arts calligraphy, textile design, printmaking, digital arts, etc.
Then you should go for an MFA ( Master of Fine Arts ) in your interested area.
MMC – Master of Mass Communication
Master of Mass Communication is one of the best courses after BA History for those who are interested in news anchoring, reporting, copywriting, etc.
There are several important specializations in bachelor of journalism and mass communication such as,
- News channel
- Newspaper etc.
B.Ed – Bachelor of Education
It is the best course after BA in History for those who want to become a teacher for government and private schools, the government, and a private college.
If you are interested to join the teaching field then you must join the bachelor of education course.
7. Digital Marketing
It is also the best course after BA in History because digital marketing is on-trend these days.
Nowadays, Internet usage is increasing day by day
Generally, No need for any special qualification to learn digital marketing.
If you are in 6th, 10th, 12th, or graduate, you can start to learn digital marketing.
Digital marketing contains courses as follows.
|Social Media Marketing||Mobile Marketing|
|Web Analytics||Email Marketing|
|Sales funnel||Convention rate optimization|
|Search Engine Optimization||Content Marketing|
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Daulat Ram College, New Delhi
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- Indian Institute of Art and Design
- Presidency University, Kolkata
- Amity University, Gurugram
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, New Delhi
- Hansraj College, New Delhi
- Miranda House, New Delhi
Read More –
Q1 – What are the best courses after BA in History?
A – There are some best courses after BA such as MA, MFA, MBA, Digital Marketing, MBA etc.
Q2 – Is BA in history a good course?
A – It is a very good course after 12th arts. You can study for your bright future.
Q3 – Is BA in history good for IAS?
A – Yes, BA in History can help a lot to prepare for IAS because it covers a lot of syllabus for UPSC Exam.