Looking for the BA in History 1st year ( 1st semester and 2nd semester ) subjects list and syllabus for semester-wise?
Full-Form – Bachelor of Arts
Here you will get all the subjects list and syllabus for BA in History 1st year ( 1st semester and 2nd semester ).
It is the best bachelor’s degree course after the 12th class in any stream.
But it is most suitable for Arts students.
Table of Contents
BA in History 1st Year Syllabus and Subjects
Here you will get the subjects list, syllabus for the 1st ( First ) year and details as per Delhi University and other universities.
BA in History ( 1st year ) Syllabus and Subjects
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|History Of India 1||History Of India 2|
|Social Formations and Cultural Patterns of the Ancient World||Social Formations and Cultural Patterns of the Medieval World|
|Concurrent – Qualifying Language||Concurrent – Credit Language|
1. History Of India 1
- Reconstructing Ancient Indian History
- Pre-historic hunter-gatherers
- The advent of food production
- The Harappan civilization :
- Cultures in transition-settlement patterns, technological and economic developments
- Social stratification
- Political relations
- Religion and Philosophy
- The Aryan Problem.
2. Social Formations and Cultural Patterns of the Ancient World
- Evolution of humankind
- Food production
- Nomadic groups in Central and West Asia
- Slave society in ancient Greece
- Bronze Age Civilisations
- Polis in ancient Greece
3. Concurrent – Qualifying Language
1. History of India 2
- Economy and Society (circa 300 BCE to circa CE 300 )
- Changing political formations (circa 300 BCE to circa CE 300)
- Towards early medieval India (circa CE fourth century to CE 750 )
- Religion, philosophy and society (circa 300 BCE- CE 750)
- V. Cultural developments (circa 300 BCE – CE 750)
2. Social Formations and Cultural Patterns of the Medieval World
- Roman Republic, Principate and Empire—slave society in ancient Rome
- Religion and culture in ancient Rome
- Crises of the Roman Empire
- Economic developments in Europe from the 7th to the 14th centuries
- Religion and culture in medieval Europe
- Societies in Central Islamic Lands
3. Concurrent – Credit Language
BA History Course Details
BA History is one of the best undergraduate programs after the 12th class for students.
BA History is the Study of the History of India, Social Formation and Cultural Patterns of the World, concurrent, the rise of the modern world, etc.
12th class in any stream from a recognized board.
Students from any stream can get admission to a bachelor of arts in History, no matter a student from a science background, commerce background, and arts background.
If you pass in 12th class you are eligible for a bachelor’s degree in History.
There are some colleges that want 50% marks and some colleges just want a pass class. And there are some colleges that have their own entrance exams.
If you want that you do a BA History directly without appearing in the entrance exam, then you have to appear on the 10th board merit list. So that you need not appear in the entrance exam.
3 Years ( 6 Semesters )
BA History is a regular, distance, and online 3 years course that includes 6 semesters.
Now almost every university takes exams on a semester basis.
There are 2 semesters in a year, and each semester cover 50% syllabus of a year.
Therefore, according to the semester, there is only a 50% syllabus in the examination.
Direct / Merit Based / Entrance Exam
The admission process varies from university to university.
There are so many institutes that offer direct admission on basis of 12th marks obtained from a recognized board.
And there are many institutes that take an entrance exam and also conduct group discussions for admission.
Popular Entrance Exam
- JNUEE – Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination
- BHU UET – Banaras Hindu University Undergraduate Entrance Test
- CUET – Christ University Entrance Test
- GLAET – GLA University Entrance Test
- JMI EE – Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Exam
- SET – Symbiosis Entrance Test
- SUAT – Sharda University Admission Test
- IPU CET – Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test
It is the charge students paid for their tuition classes in educational institutes for their education purpose.
Course fees depend upon the institute so they charge as per their demand.
BA History course fees vary from college to college as follows.
Rs. 5K – 30K as per institute or state ( Government )
Rs. 10K – 1Lakh as per institute or state ( Private )
The bigger the reputed college, the higher the fees they charge.
The salary depends upon the organization and what knowledge you have and it increases as per your experience, knowledge, performance, and skills.
As a fresher, you can expect 3 lakh – 6 lakh per annum
Why should I Join BA History ( Benefits )
- It is a less expensive course.
- We can join after the 12th in the stream.
- You can get jobs in both private as well as government organizations.
- You can become a teacher, executive, editor, professor, writer, professor, lecturer, copywriter, journalist, technical writer, etc.
- You can explore your career in fields like mass communication, journalism, hospitality, NRI, civil services, publishing creative writing, advertising, media reporting, marketing, teaching areas, research, etc.
- You can gain knowledge about communication skills, translation studies, creative writing, film studies, literature, critical thinking, literary skills, etc.
MA – Master of Arts
Master of Arts ( MA ) is one of the most popular and best post-graduation degree courses after BA History.
You can become a master in economics, you will get knowledge of finance, management, and economics. It will help you a lot in day-to-day life.
2. MSW – Master of Social Work
Master of Social Work is the best post-graduation degree course after BA History or BSW ( Bachelor of Social Work ).
If you are interested in serving people who are below the poverty level, unemployed, with alcoholism, drug abuse, old age, and uneducated.
Then you must have to join this course.
If you want to educate society for a better life, want to make a good impact in someone’s life want to solve their problem, and many more, then the master of social work can best career option for you.
MBA – Master of Business Administration
It is also the most preferable professional course for BA students in the management, marketing, and finance field.
If want to do business then you must join MBA because it provides a lot of knowledge about how to do business.
Nowadays the MBA degree has become the most demanding course because of new start-ups, trends of doing business, and many more.
MFA – Master of Fine Arts
Master of Fine Arts is one of the best post-graduation degree courses after or BA History.
If want to become an artist, master any performing arts like dance, music, drama & theater, film Making, etc.
Or master in visual arts like creative writing, painting, literature, photography, animation, graphic designing, applied arts calligraphy, textile design, printmaking, digital arts, etc.
Then you should go for an MFA ( Master of Fine Arts ) in your interested area.
MMC – Master of Mass Communication
Master of Mass Communication is one of the best courses after BA History for those who are interested in news anchoring, reporting, copywriting, etc.
There are several important specializations in bachelor of journalism and mass communication such as,
- News channel
- Newspaper etc.
B.Ed – Bachelor of Education
It is the best course after BA in History for those who want to become a teacher for government and private schools, the government, and a private college.
If you are interested to join the teaching field then you must join the bachelor of education course.
7. Digital Marketing
It is also the best course after BA in History because digital marketing is on-trend these days.
Nowadays, Internet usage is increasing day by day
Generally, No need for any special qualification to learn digital marketing.
If you are in 6th, 10th, 12th, or graduate, you can start to learn digital marketing.
Digital marketing contains courses as follows.
|Social Media Marketing||Mobile Marketing|
|Web Analytics||Email Marketing|
|Sales funnel||Convention rate optimization|
|Search Engine Optimization||Content Marketing|
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Daulat Ram College, New Delhi
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- Indian Institute of Art and Design
- Presidency University, Kolkata
- Amity University, Gurugram
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, New Delhi
- Hansraj College, New Delhi
- Miranda House, New Delhi
Career Scope in Government Organizations
You can also prepare for Government job exams such as.
UPSC( Union Public Service Commission ) Civil Services Exam for
- IAS( Indian Administrative Service )
- IPS( Indian Police Service)
- IFS ( Indian Foreign Service).
Banking Exam for
- Bank PO( Probationary Officer )
- Bank Clerk.
RRB Exam for – TC, Clerk
SSC Exam for
- Income Tax Officer(CBDT)
- Assistant Audit Officer
- Assistant in Ministry of external affairs(MEA)
- Inspector(Central excise)(CBFC)
- Inspector ( Preventive Officer )
- Assistant Enforcement Officer(AEO) and many more.
And state government also provides so many best jobs for Class-1, Class-2 and Class-3 like
- Dy. Section Officer
- Dy. Mamlatdar
- Junior Clerk, etc.
So the arts stream is very good you can choose for your bright future.
Read More –
Q1 – What are the jobs after BA?
A – Executive Assistant, Human Resource Manager, Economist, Journalist, Teacher, Professor, Operation Manager, Analytic, Public Relation Executive, Content Writer, Public Servant, Social Worker, Lecturer etc.
Q2 – What is the Full form of BA?
A – BA – Bachelor of Arts
Q3 – What are subjects in BA History for 1st year?
A – An introduction to literary studies, European classical literature, Indian classical literature, British literature 1: from medieval to the renaissance.