Looking for the BA in English 2nd year ( 3rd semester and 4th semester ) syllabus and subjects list semester-wise?
Full-Form – Bachelor of Arts
Here you will get all the subjects list and syllabus for BA in English 2nd year ( 3rd semester and 4th semester ).
It is the best bachelor’s degree course after the 12th class in any stream.
But it is most suitable for Arts students.
BA in English Course Details
Main Key Points
|Eligibility Criteria||12th class in any stream|
|Admission Process||Direct / Merit Based / Entrance Exam|
|Course Duration||3 years ( 6 Semesters )|
|Course Fees||10K – 30K per annum|
|Salary||3 Lakh – 6 Lakh per annum|
|Exam Type||Semester Wise|
|Job Profile||Teacher, Professor, Executive Assistant, Clerk, lecturer, Editor, Technical Writer, Copywriter, Journalist, Civil Services Officers, Educator, Public Speaker, etc.|
|Higher Study||MA, MBA, MSW, MFA, MCom, MMS, B.Ed, Digital Marketing, etc.|
What is BA in English?
B. A. English course is a 3-year undergraduate degree course, this course is often done by people who are more interested in English Literature or Communicative English.
BA English is one of the best undergraduate programs after the 12th class with English for the students.
It is the study of interesting poetry, lessons, history, drama, novels, grammar, prose, etc.
The main purpose of the course is to provide knowledge about the English language, improve communication skills in English, improve critical writing skills, increase literary skills, explain the principal types of literature, make capable to evaluate and analyze literature, etc.
Students taking this course spend their time reading poems, proses, essays, and other pieces of literature.
Along with this, in the course of BA in English, various types of Nobels and other books are also added to its curriculum studies.
Through this course, the student who does this course helps him a lot in reading English, getting information about English, increasing his speaking speed or fluency in English and writing English.
Is. In this course of BA in English, students who do school, understanding of English Literature is increased in an intellectual way.
As we know that India was ruled by the British for about two hundred and fifty years, and because of that the importance of English has not diminished in our day-to-day routine.
And in a way, English is also a language spoken all over the world, because the British had included almost half of the world in their colony. Because of this, English has got the status of an international language in almost half the world or more.
Today, if a person knows English well, is able to talk well in it, and has made his communicative skills very high through English, then getting a job in any field is very difficult for him.
It just gets easier. That’s why people do B. A. English Literature course or B. A. Communicative English course.
After completing BA in English course, the scope of the students increases a lot, and they are expected to get work in a lot of fields.
In today’s time, even after the competition in many places, English students get preference in any field, and this is a fact.
BA in English course makes capable to understand various methods of conducting literary research, it makes capable to use critical strategies to create kinds of literature.
If you like the English language then BA in English is a very good career option for you.
BA in English 2nd Year Syllabus and Subjects
Here you will get the subjects list, syllabus for the 2nd ( Second ) year and details as per Delhi University and other universities.
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|British literature 2: the seventeenth century||British literature 4: the romantics|
|British literature 3: the eighteenth-century||British literature 5: the nineteenth century|
|Literature and caste||Women’s writing|
Semester – 3
1. British literature 2: the seventeenth century
- Introduction to the Jacobean period, the Civil War, and the Restoration
- Paradise Lost
2. British literature 3: the eighteenth-century
- Introduction to the long eighteenth century
- Prose genres
3. Literature and caste
- Short Stories
- Prose Readings
Semester – 4
1. British literature 4: the romantics
- Introduction to the Romantic period
2. British literature 5: the nineteenth century
- Introduction to the Nineteenth Century
- George Eliot
3. Women’s writing
- Introduction to Paper
- Prose Readings
12th class in any stream from a recognized board.
Students from any stream can take admission to bachelor of arts in political science, no matter a student from a science background, commerce background and arts background.
If you are a pass in the 12th class you are eligible for a bachelor’s degree in English.
There are some colleges that want 50% marks and some colleges just want a pass class.
3 Years ( 6 Semesters )
BA in English is a regular, distance, and online 3 years course that includes 6 semesters.
Now almost every university takes exams on a semester basis.
There are 2 semesters in a year, each semester cover 50% syllabus of a year.
Therefore, according to the semester, there is only a 50% syllabus in the examination.
Direct / Merit Based / Entrance Exam
The admission process varies from university to university.
There are so many institutes that offer direct admission on basis of 12th marks obtained from a recognized board.
And there are many institutes that take an entrance exam and also conduct group discussions for admission.
It is the charge students paid for their tuition classes in educational institutes for their education purpose.
Course fees depend upon the institute so they charge as per their demand.
BA in English course fees varies from college to college as follows.
Rs. 5K – 30K as per institute or state ( Government )
Rs. 10K – 1Lakh as per institute or state ( Private )
The salary depends upon the organization and what knowledge you have and it increases as per your experience, knowledge, performance, and skills.
As a fresher, you can expect 3 lakh – 6 lakh per annum
Why should I Join BA in English ( Advantages )
- It is a less expensive course.
- We can join after the 12th in the stream.
- You can get jobs in both private as well as government organizations.
- You can become a teacher, executive, editor, professor, writer, professor, lecturer, copywriter, journalist, technical writer, etc.
- You can explore your career in fields like mass communication, journalism, hospitality, NRI, civil services, publishing creative writing, advertising, media reporting, marketing, teaching areas, research, etc.
- You can gain knowledge about English language and communication skills, translation studies, creative writing, film studies, literature, critical thinking, literary skills, etc.
- After taking an English course, a person can contribute to Public Relations and Advertising in Corporate Houses.
- A person can contribute to editorial and content development positions.
- One can get the post of Manager in Media Services and Event Management.
- Theater media can contribute to the entertainment business.
- Can contribute as an English language and English literature researcher.
- B. A. After doing a course in English, one can also do self-employment, which is also called entrepreneurship.
- Apart from this, a person can also contribute to the civil service.
- Can work as a writer and publisher.
- Bloggers can also do the work of critics and rivers.
- If a person does a course of B.A. in English, then after doing this course, one can also do master’s courses for higher studies.
- Apart from this, a marketing strategy can also contribute to communications.
- He can also work as a language expert and translator.
- In big companies like Wipro, Tata, India Today Group, NDTV, (All Print Media Houses), Genpact United Health Group, and many other big companies like these, that person can be appointed to a good position to work.
Disadvantages of BA English course
- The advantages of doing a BA in English course are many but there are also disadvantages, and the disadvantages are very less.
- BA in English course is absolutely useless for a person who wants to progress in the field of science.
- If a person takes a course of BA and thinks of making a career in journalism or any such field, then he has to face a lot of competition.
- After doing the course of BA if a person wants to settle his career, then for this, he has to work hard or struggle for at least 10 to 20 years.
- After doing a BA course, a person does not get any job easily. For this, it is very important to have the required skills for that job.
- As a science or like any other commerce student, that person is not formally appointed to the position.
- If a person lacks focus then B. A. After taking an English course, it may take 30 years for him to settle his life.
- If a person lacks focus and he does a course in B. A. in English, then he will take a long time to choose his career, because there are many career options in B. A. English.
- The advantages and disadvantages of having too many career options are equal. The advantage is that he can contribute in any field, and can set his career.
- And the disadvantage is that due to the availability of so many options, it becomes very difficult for a person to select the right option for himself.
1. Master of Arts ( MA )
2. Master of Social Work
3. Master of Business Administration
4. Master of Fine Arts
5. Master of Mass Communication
6. Bachelor of Education
7. Digital Marketing
|Content Writer||Executive Assistant|
|Civil Service Officer||Editor|
You can become a teacher after BA in English to get an opportunity to teach students in a school or a college about English subjects.
You can also share knowledge and information about career options, empower girls to study, inspire students and people to do something big in their life, make a positive impact on students, can teach students about how to achieve success in their life, how to set a goal and achieve it.
Becoming a teacher and teaching students is one of the best services because you have the power to change people’s life.
BA in English course provides a lot of knowledge and information to explore your career in the content writing field.
Content Writer is one who writes content for websites, blogs, e-book, social media, and also they can write books, stories, etc.
You can get the benefit of the English language in content writing so it becomes easy by choosing BA in English to become a good content writer.
It can make you a great content writer as well as reach.
Types of Content Writing
- Article Writing
- Business Writing
- Technical Writing
- Story Writing
- E-Book Writing
- Website Content Writing
- Book Writing
- SEO Content Writing
- Academic Writing
- Freelancer Writing
Becoming a journalist after BA in English best career option because you became very good at the English language by choosing English in BA.
It helps you a lot to gather information from events, interview sessions, programs because when you will have a good command of the English language you will analyze very well.
It improves writing skills, improves communication skills, increases critical thinking and creativity, you can become a very good analyzer and researcher, etc.
Types of Journalists
- Arts Journalist
- Feaure Writing
- Business Journalist
- Crime Journalist
- Sports Journalist
- Opinion Journalist
- Cultural Journalist
- Trade Journalist
- Broadcast Journalist
- Watchdog Journalist
- Online Journalist
- Entertainment Journalist etc.
The copywriter is one who drives sales, leads generates, brings businesses by running ads on social media, websites, emails, etc.
They are expert in storytelling, writing emotional content, creating extraordinary content, and public relations so they drive traffics easily and brings business.
It is also called marketing writers.
If you choose English in BA then you will get the benefit of the English language, you will be able to become a very good copywriter and explore your career in copywriting.
Types of Copywriters
- Social Media Copywriter
- Technical Copywriter
- Direct Email Copywriter
- Long-Form Copywriter
- Digital Copywriter
- Catalog Copywriter
- Brand Copywriter
- Public Relation Copywriter
- Marketing Copywriter
- SEO Copywriter
- Print Copywriter etc.
The editor is one who checks and ensures the quality and mistakes of content or anything in written form and after they rewrite it or edit it as per their requirement ( Companies, organizations, universities, etc. )
If you have a very good knowledge of the English language then you can get a chance to become a very good editor so you should choose English in BA.
Civil Service Officer
You can explore your career by clearing UPSC ( Union Public Service Commission ) and becoming a civil service officer ( IAS, IPS, IFS, etc ) after completing graduation in BA English
By becoming a class 1 officer ( IAS, IPS, IFS ) you can get huge respect from society. It is too difficult to become a civil service officer but not impossible so you try your level best to crack the exam ( UPSC ).
There is a lot of benefits who become a civil service officer like a government job, huge respect, job security, stable income, a lot of other facilities such as home, car, assistant, driver, security, etc.
The clerk is one who works in the office and has worked like looking after accounts, recording data, and other office works in a company, banks, court, school, college, etc.
You can become a clerk easily after completing graduation BA in English because you will get the advantage of the English language.
There is a lot of benefits for a clerk such as a very good salary, you can get a promotion by your performance, you can become a probationary officer ( PO ) also in the banks, less workload, etc.
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Daulat Ram College, New Delhi
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- Indian Institute of Art and Design
- Presidency University, Kolkata
- Amity University, Gurugram
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, New Delhi
- Hansraj College, New Delhi
- Miranda House, New Delhi
Q1 – What are the best courses after BA English?
A – There are some best courses after BA such as MA, MFA, MBA, Digital Marketing, MBA etc.
Q2 – Is BA English difficult?
A – No, It is not difficult. It is all about our interest and dedication in any particular subject.
Q3 – What are the best jobs after BA English?
A – English Teacher, Professor, Content Writer, Executive, Assistant, Lecturer, Public Servant, HR Executive, Editor, Policy Analyst, Clerk etc.